TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dose anyone know of a good way to mount a Fire extinguisher without having a roll cage?

·
Registered
73 Posts
The only place I can think of that would leave it within reach would be pass. side of the trans tunnel.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only place I can think of that would leave it within reach would be pass. side of the trans tunnel.
well it doesnt have to be super quick access, i just want a safe place to mount it. you think there would be room in the back somewhere?

·
Registered
73 Posts
well it doesnt have to be super quick access, i just want a safe place to mount it. you think there would be room in the back somewhere?
Yeah, sure. I wouldnt see why not.

I personally was thinking of mounting a fire ext. in the rear cargo area on the drivers side of my 3rd gen 4runner. I havent done more than think about it, but my plan was to use fender washers to relieve some of the stress on the back side of the plastic.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Mine is on the plastic next to the shifter, so right next to my right leg. I wouldn't want it anywhere else really.

Oh and it's just a cheap home-use from homedepot that came with a plastic hanger, and I just screwed it right into the side.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is on the plastic next to the shifter, so right next to my right leg. I wouldn't want it anywhere else really.

Oh and it's just a cheap home-use from homedepot that came with a plastic hanger, and I just screwed it right into the side.
that doesn't bother your leg at all?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Might want to think twice about that statement. I want mine RIGHT NOW if I need it..

How much money do you have in your rig? You're going risk it burning to the ground on a cheap ass extinguisher? Yes, good ones are expensive, I spent the money, because my rig is worth it!

Floorboard, easy access, Halguard, three bolts and some washers... This is one of two on my rig.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
put it right behind the drivers seat on the B pillar under where the seatbelt retracts into. i let the bottom of it rest on the floor and secured it to the side with a quick fist clamp. has worked well for me for 4 years. easy to get to and out of the way. its a bigger extinguisher so it plenty strong too

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Has anyone used the Tundra brand fire extinguisher sold at Costco? It's small and would fit nice but I don't know if is safe for my electronics.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Has anyone used the Tundra brand fire extinguisher sold at Costco? It's small and would fit nice but I don't know if is safe for my electronics.
I would stick with a legit fire ext.

Do what hytenor did and take one from a hotel.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
I would stick with a legit fire ext.

Do what hytenor did and take one from a hotel.
LOL. bought the bracket from a shop in south Lk Tahoe after a Rubicon run...the 5# extinguisher I got from a garage sale for $5. :p

·
Registered
1,633 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Might want to think twice about that statement. I want mine RIGHT NOW if I need it..

How much money do you have in your rig? You're going risk it burning to the ground on a cheap ass extinguisher? Yes, good ones are expensive, I spent the money, because my rig is worth it!

Floorboard, easy access, Halguard, three bolts and some washers... This is one of two on my rig.

Dont be so judgemental, dick, I mean brian. I've actually saved my rig once already from the perfect position it's in, and the mount has held up great with 4 years of wheeling. So I'm sorry I don't walk on water and grow money out of my ass, but I havent had any issues with it, except for stuck-up wheelers like you trying to give me shit about it.

suck it.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Dont be so judgemental, dick, I mean brian. I've actually saved my rig once already from the perfect position it's in, and the mount has held up great with 4 years of wheeling. So I'm sorry I don't walk on water and grow money out of my ass, but I havent had any issues with it, except for stuck-up wheelers like you trying to give me shit about it.

suck it.
Interesting. I offer my suggestions and you call me a dick. No, not everyone can afford a good extinquisher, but IMO I think they should put that in their budget if they're dropping a bunch of money in thier rig.
I don't "walk on water" nor is my rig "worthy' in the grand shceme of things. My rig is worth a lot to me because of all the man hours I've spent on it (as well as cash) and I want to protect it as well as I can.

Stuck up wheeler? Ahhh... You've met me? Well then nevermind.

Relax man, just trying to offer help.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
the difference is, you obviously seem to think very higly of you opinion --even though you've never seen my set up, and assume that I've never used it to save my truck. But I have, and if you really want to get into it, trying to reach between your legs to pull that thing up is not my idea of a good time if my cab is filling with smoke, much less easy to get to. I value your opinion, as do many others, you definitely hold your own, but dont go assuming something doesnt work because I saved more money than you. I've used it, abused it, and saved my truck. Don't be rude and assume your better by posing questions as though I don't know how much I've spent on my truck.

Sorry for the thread jack, I'm just tired of numerous people's attitudes on this site, that's why ttora is dying, all the OG's are such dicks they just try to run off anybody they consider a newb with an attitude.

ps, don't worry I'm not coming back to this lame site.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
the difference is, you obviously seem to think very higly of you opinion --even though you've never seen my set up, and assume that I've never used it to save my truck. But I have, and if you really want to get into it, trying to reach between your legs to pull that thing up is not my idea of a good time if my cab is filling with smoke, much less easy to get to. I value your opinion, as do many others, you definitely hold your own, but dont go assuming something doesnt work because I saved more money than you. I've used it, abused it, and saved my truck. Don't be rude and assume your better by posing questions as though I don't know how much I've spent on my truck.

Sorry for the thread jack, I'm just tired of numerous people's attitudes on this site, that's why ttora is dying, all the OG's are such dicks they just try to run off anybody they consider a newb with an attitude.
I'm sorry that you feel that way about the "OG" TTORA members (whatever that means). Once again I was just offering my opinion. I am no better than anyone. I do not beleive I have an attitude, and I'm not trying to be an E bully (or whatever the fuck you're saying)
If you go back a post or two I was not only making a comment on your placement, but on the type of extinguisher as well. If the placement has worked for you that that's great! If the specs have worked on said extinguisher as well then that is awesome as well! I did'nt assume anything. I'm merely stating that "This is where my extiquisher is" and "This is what I use and I would not trust another extinquisher" .

You may have a point though. I have never had to use any of my extinquishers, so I may be a complete retard.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts