TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to see if anyone has installed a Fire Extinguisher in a 2005 or newer Tacoma yet. Is there a good place to install it in the cab?? I have the Dbl Cab and can't seem to find anyplace to put it. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
217 Posts
how about the trans hump in the rear seat. i haven't looked but that might be a good place. or how about in the bed by the cab.

but since we're on fire extinguisher mounting is the someone who sales a nicer mount than that stupid platic piece it comes with.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mine rides under the driver's side rear seat in the storage bin (access cab). I figure it's secure in the event of an accident and not too hard to get to if needed.

ETA- If you are carrying a dry chemical extinguisher, be sure you rotate/shake it every so often to keep the powder from caking.

·
Registered
411 Posts

it takes a little of the passengers leg room, but unlike most the set ups i see i can actually get to my fire extinguisher if i need it

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
J*C*M said:

it takes a little of the passengers leg room, but unlike most the set ups i see i can actually get to my fire extinguisher if i need it
Well, that's where I was thinking of putting the extinguisher so it's easy and quick to get at; but I wasn't sure if I wanted to take away some of the passenger's leg room. Does anyone complain when they ride in your truck that it's in the way?? By the way, does that extinguisher use the cheapo plastic mounting bracket?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
On my 04 dcab I mounted them on each side of the rear seat with quick grips. They are out of the way and dont get banged around. Id imagine you have the same amount of room on the sides as I do.. I dont have a pic right now.. but can make it happen if ya want.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dunk said:
On my 04 dcab I mounted them on each side of the rear seat with quick grips. They are out of the way and dont get banged around. Id imagine you have the same amount of room on the sides as I do.. I dont have a pic right now.. but can make it happen if ya want.
thanks, I'm not sure the "quick grips" are. Pics would be nice, if possible.

·
Registered
217 Posts
since we're on the subject, I read awhile ago that the regular ABC extinguishers will eat some metal like aluminum and can corode electrical conections.

with that being said has anyone use one of these?????

one more thing, I put out a truck fire while on vacation a year and a half ago, and we went through three large extinguishers. so if you can, try to pack a larger extinguisher or more than one medium sized extinguisher. that's just my. :2cents:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here's where I mounted mine in my 05 DC:

It doesn't cut in too much on the leg room since there is a small overhang created by the seat. I've never had anyone complain about it.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I have got a couple of these, 'Quick Fist' that I will be using to mount my extinguisher. Feel it is worth the extra money as the cheesy plastic mounts that come with the extinguisher suck. Had one come lose and hit my sister in the head when we rolled my baja bug on the beach years ago. I found them on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUPER-QUICK-FIST-EXTINGUISHER-TOOL-CLAMP-FIRE-TRUCK_W0QQitemZ110057870968QQihZ001QQcategoryZ33722QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

A couple of other sellers have got them too...

They come in several different sizes, am using the smaller ones for the mag light, shovel, axe etc in the back of the truck. Have not had anything come lose yet. IMO worth the $$$.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts