TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say that at first I wasn't thinking about using Fire Fox. Well I bit the bullet and downloaded it and it rocks! The tab feature is really nice and it is a much easier and less complicated browser to use. I must thank Mike and Shannon for recommending it plus everyone else. I thought I would never be able to switch browsers but even this computer eliterate (sp?) user did it.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
mudferret said:
Awsome browser. I especially like all the extensions that can be added.
Ditto on the extensions. I dig Google preview. The web developer extension is pretty cool too when you are trying to figure out how someone did something.

Any others you've found worthy of downloading?

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do you all get the pic under your name? I uploaded one onto the members pic deal but I cannot get it to show when I post a message. Do I gotta wait for a certain number of posts or am I just missing something?

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Toyasaurus said:
How do you all get the pic under your name? I uploaded one onto the members pic deal but I cannot get it to show when I post a message. Do I gotta wait for a certain number of posts or am I just missing something?
User CP then Edit Avatar.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mike said:
Ditto on the extensions. I dig Google preview. The web developer extension is pretty cool too when you are trying to figure out how someone did something.
Whats the Google preview? I hate you can't search through the extensions.

There's one option I can't find or either it doesn't exist they need to develop. I wish when you clicked on a link that wants to open a new window it would open a new tab instead.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Mike said:
Any others you've found worthy of downloading?
Here's my list:
-tabbed browser prefs
-bandwidth tester
-disable targets for downloads (doesn't open one of those blank windows when you click on an .mpg link)
-dictionary search
-foxy tunes
-paste and go

I'll have to give that developer one a try.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
You can do that

Dyingyak said:

There's one option I can't find or either it doesn't exist they need to develop. I wish when you clicked on a link that wants to open a new window it would open a new tab instead.
There is a way, if you go to >tools >options there can be a tabbed browsing prefernces option, if you get "tab browsing preferences 1.1.1".

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Dyingyak said:

Google preview shows a website snapshot thumbnail next to the search results.

I'm pretty sure you can control how new tabs are opened, check in Tools|Options. Also, if you CTRL-click a link it will open in a new tab.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
Tabs???

Maverick said:
glad you like it.. be sure to spread the word!!

I have been using FF since August. What the hell are tabs?

"Tabs?, I don't have no stink'n tabs"

·
Registered
44 Posts
Help

mudferret said:
Here's my list:
-tabbed browser prefs
-bandwidth tester
-disable targets for downloads (doesn't open one of those blank windows when you click on an .mpg link)
-dictionary search
-foxy tunes
-paste and go

I'll have to give that developer one a try.

seriously, what are tabs?

·
Registered
119 Posts
BigDaddyToy said:

Click on the "File" drop-down menu, "New Tab". That's the main reason I switched to Firefox, multi-tab surfing!

·
Registered
119 Posts
mudferret said:
There is a way, if you go to >tools >options there can be a tabbed browsing prefernces option, if you get "tab browsing preferences 1.1.1".
Couldn't find the extension 1.1.1 but I found 1.0.0 and it worked like a charm. Thanks for telling me about that, makes browsing even that much better! :D

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
BigDaddyToy said:
seriously, what are tabs?
Press CTRL-T and it will become apparent. Tabbed browsing rules, especially if you normally have several web sites open simultaneously.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Like Mike said, makes browsing multiple sites, much, much easier. And forget the tabs, there are so many other things you can do with Firefox that you'll never open IE again.

Once you download it, go to tools, then extensions, then "get more extensions" and figure out what you need/want.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
BigDaddyToy said:

Also right click on your FF tool bar and configure it so you can open new tabs or windows.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Kewl

Mike said:
Press CTRL-T and it will become apparent. Tabbed browsing rules, especially if you normally have several web sites open simultaneously.

Later,
....Mike
so it is like having a bunch of minimized stuff in your task bar, right;

Are they permanent and if so can I rename them?

testing now

·
Registered
119 Posts
BigDaddyToy said:
so it is like having a bunch of minimized stuff in your task bar, right;

Are they permanent and if so can I rename them?

testing now
You can open and close them at will, it's like having two copies of Firefox running, but they are in the same window. Just run a tab and you'll see what we're talking about.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
mudferret said:
Like Mike said, makes browsing multiple sites, much, much easier. And forget the tabs, there are so many other things you can do with Firefox that you'll never open IE again.

Once you download it, go to tools, then extensions, then "get more extensions" and figure out what you need/want.
Unfortunately there are some web sites out there specifically coded for IE, the advanced editing controls on Delphi as an example. I also had some trouble with the Tower Hobbies web site when I tried to change quantities in my shopping cart.

So, unfortunately, we can't throw IE completely away.

Later,
....Mike

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
12 Participants
Dyingyak
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing