TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the FireStik II but i cant get any receeption. Why would that be. How do i tune it?(i have a SWR tuner thing but i dont know that the two ports on the back are one is for antenna and the other says trans). Whats Trans? there are two wires coming out of the end of my antenna wire im guessing one is for Ground and the other is for the antenna. Is that correct?

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
i have the 3ft firestik II as well but im a little confused when u talk about wires coming from ur anntena. the only wire i have coming from the antenna is the coax. i didnt even tune mine and it works fine. if you mount ur antenna to your toolbox or bed rail then that should be enough to automatically ground it...

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
your right 1 would go from antenna to the swr meter then the other swr meter to cb.You will want to do the tuning in a open area not in your drive way.and where you have the antenna mounted could affect your reception.
do a search for antenna tuning it has been covered many times you may have to do alot of reading but i'm sure you will find the info useful.
here are a few to get ya started
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8682&highlight=tuning+antenna
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9458&highlight=tuning+antenna

·
Registered
328 Posts
matt01taco said:
i have the FireStik II but i cant get any receeption. Why would that be. How do i tune it?(i have a SWR tuner thing but i dont know that the two ports on the back are one is for antenna and the other says trans). Whats Trans? there are two wires coming out of the end of my antenna wire im guessing one is for Ground and the other is for the antenna. Is that correct?
:google: :newbie:

you either need to get a PL-259 connector for that one end, the center goes to antenna, and the outer shielding wire goes to ground, if you don't want to attach a connector, yo will have to use an angle mount style bracket, I prefer a Wilson, Larsen, or K-40 style antenna over a firestick!

either way, try and find someone in your area that has some knowledge in this area to help ya, as it is rather easy..you should do some searching on Firestick's page for info on signal to wave ratio! (swr)

oh, ya... trans. means transmitter... or to be more specific transciever!!

And don't plug your radio power into your cigarette lighter, whatever ya do

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Rock-N-Ruin
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing