TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I ordered a Firestik II antenna from www.bills2way.com but they sent me a Firestik Firefly antenna. They did get the length and color right, and the prices are the same.

Should I send this back to them or just keep the lighter Firefly? I'm kind of leary on sending it back since I can't get a response to email and the phone numbers on their website have all been disconnected.

·
Registered
257 Posts
IM not sure but is it rather solid or is it kinda wipy? Ive noticed my old antenna is a real bendy fiberglass one but all the newer ones are stiff, wahts with that?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,485 Posts
Jamier2 said:
Well, I ordered a Firestik II antenna from www.bills2way.com but they sent me a Firestik Firefly antenna. They did get the length and color right, and the prices are the same.

Should I send this back to them or just keep the lighter Firefly? I'm kind of leary on sending it back since I can't get a response to email and the phone numbers on their website have all been disconnected.
The Firefly is the lightweight version of the FireStik II. The Firefly has the same wavelength design (it will transmit and receive just as well as the FSII) just in a lighter antenna. The main difference is that the Firefly only handles a max of 200watts in the 4ft model whereas the FSII handles 900watts in the 4ft model. MSRP is $17.99 for the Firefly and $21.99 for the FSII.

Bottom line, the price is less for the Firefly, but for a stock radio, it will perform exactly the same as the FSII.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information ShowStop. That's what I was hoping to hear. It still irks me that bill's sent me the wrong part. I guess out of all the crap that is on the net this wasn't too bad.

I'm going to install this tonight/tomorrow and I hope I get the soldering right on the tip. Any hints to make it easier? I'm gonna pick up a cheap multimeter to check the work when I'm done so I don't fry my radio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts