TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Old School
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Escondido Draw Recreational Area

Saw this on the TMTC site. VERY COOL !!! I loved this quote "The site includes a canyon approximately 300 feet below the main landscape level". Got that from this link: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/newsmedia/releases/?req=20060130d

Sounds like a cool area. From what I remember back in my flatbed driving days delivering oil well pipe to that area, it is pretty good wheelin country...

And only 3 hrs from SA. For all of you central area guys I saw this on the News and Events section from TMTC site "There is a planning committee already formed in order to head up the use of any additional grant money and volunteer labor to develop this land into another prime example of an offroad recreational area.". Think this is something we should really think about. If I can find the time I would love to go out and volunteer to help them build this new park. Sure there are some other folks from the SA/Austin area, maybe even El Paso area that would like to help. Want to look into this Adam ???

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Yeah, TMTC recently acquired it. During the annual membership meeting a couple weeks ago, they said it wouldn't be open for at least a year, though. They're working on a first-of-its-kind draft application with TPWD to get the ball rolling on creating new trails.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Ed, were you not at the meeting at gilmer on Sat. afternoon. They mentioned this new play ground there; they are really tring to get it ready but it might not be ready this year, depending how quick TMTC gets the tax exempt from the state of TX. if they do get it quick then they will have over quite of bit of money to invest into it quick.

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Ed, were you not at the meeting at gilmer on Sat. afternoon. They mentioned this new play ground there; they are really tring to get it ready but it might not be ready this year, depending how quick TMTC gets the tax exempt from the state of TX. if they do get it quick then they will have over quite of bit of money to invest into it quick.
Yeah, I remember them saying that about the playground. But I thought they also said the paperwork (tax exempt status and TPWD paperwork) was such that it would still take about a year until the park would open? Then again, I kind of droned off during all that talk while waiting on the burgers so I could've heard wrong!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts