TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've seen several threads speaking to this, but there is 1 point that seems to be a little grey... Let me share my exact situation:

I've a 2013 4Runner Limited. I've installed Icon's Stage 2 suspension lift (which includes the UCAs). Because of that and the size tires I'm moving towards, I've moved to 17x9 rims with a -12 offset. I currently run 265/70 BFG ATs. To get this to fit, I've removed the mud flaps and trimmed out the liners as well as a slight bit on the front bumper.

When I mount 285/70 BFGs, they DO fit.... BUT... If the suspension were compressed (ie coming downhill) and my wheels were turned hard, there is a corner of solid steel that would be heavily gouging into the tires.

Has this been the experience of others here on the forum? From what I've read, I *THINK* that merely pounding down that corner with a big ole hammer will remedy my problem... But I thought I'd post here to confirm??

What is everyone's experience with this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Maybe you're describing a different part of the wheel well, but from what I've read on here, people do that all the time on their 1st gen Tacomas and 3rd gen 4Runners. I don't see why it wouldn't work on a 2013 4Runner.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts