TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what has to be done to fit 6.5" speakers in the front doors?

I am looking at these:
http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='REF6000CS'&Ser=REF&Cat=COS

Also I am hoping to get away without running an amp so my power is 50Wx4 on my pioneer 7600 mp deak. Would this be a problem with the above mentioned Infinity's?

If these speakers suck, please feel free to suggest others.

Thanks again

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My ride came with 5x7s. There is a plastic speaker holder in there.
I thought about just ripping it out but I am worried that the back of the new speakers would run into the window or the window holder.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am also running 6.5s.... They do fit... but a friend of mine came up with an idea of using a bracket inplace of the factory holes... I dunno if it makes any difference... but I've had zero problems....

Nonetheless they should fit a little tight... but they will go in with a little loving... :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Keep in mind that your deck is probably quoting 50 watts peak power. Most good speakers are going to need 30-60 watts RMS to really perform. I think you will find a decent amp is worth the money if you get good speakers. With the prices on Ebay, it is hard to go wrong.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Skitz said:
I am also running 6.5s.... They do fit... but a friend of mine came up with an idea of using a bracket inplace of the factory holes... I dunno if it makes any difference... but I've had zero problems....

Nonetheless they should fit a little tight... but they will go in with a little loving... :)
What year is your truck 01 to 04 have problems with the magnetic hitting the window.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an 03. Will the 6.5" not fit?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Super Doody said:
What year is your truck 01 to 04 have problems with the magnetic hitting the window.
I've got an 04...

I am not having any issues with the window..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts