TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 taco and i found some stainless steel tail light guards from a 1999 taco the other day on craigslist. I called the lady that had them and she said that in 99 that they changed the body style and she says these guards will not work on my truck, but i think that they will. I called Toyota and they told me they prolly would work and i called the lady back and she still claimed they would not as it being different after i told her that Toyota said that they will supposedly work. So i am wondering does anyone know if these lights are the same from the 99 to 97. She said that i also have to call the company that makes the guards to get the mounting hardware for them cause she left them in the truck she sold that had the guards on them. Thanks

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
95.5 to 2000 are all the same lights. 2001-2001 are different lights, but are interchangable since the casings are the same, but the bulbs/connectors are not.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the 2001 to 2004 are interchangeable but have the different connectors? So the stainless steel guards should work for my truck right? just will have to get the mounting hardware from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
ya they should fit. just go over there and throw em over the light and check. they are pointless though and will bend into the lights if lightly hit. plus the chick might be hot as hell so ya just go over there

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have looked at some led tailights for $225 look good, but they are for a 2001-2004 model. I would have to wire newer connectors for these to work would'nt I?

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Have looked at some led tailights for $225 look good, but they are for a 2001-2004 model. I would have to wire newer connectors for these to work would'nt I?
JEEZ! Kick over some of that extra dough my way, especally if you're not going to be using it for something that is functional...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
those are useless if they are the type that mounts to the tail light lens.

probably do more harm then good... IMO

the light guards or the tailights?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts