TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first? I don't know for sure. Anyway...

At Cruise Moab I did Pritchett (5+ trail) and personally watched an FJ Cruiser owner, about 55 years old, with his wife, do ALL of Pritchett except one obstacle unaided. He did not do Rockpile, no one did that day. NO ONE thought he'd make it all the way. Some obs he bounced up (and those CVs held!) others he crawled up. This guy had a winch, all-terrain (not even mud terrain) tires, basic lift, OEM sliders and it was raining that day!

Here's a few shots, better ones I'm saving for the July/Aug 2007 issue that covers CM.

http://www.4wdtoyotaowner.com/FJCruiser.html

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
429 Posts
Looking forward to the good ones!;)

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
sweet pics.... maybe I'll actually get that copy:rolleyes:

·
Registered
206 Posts
That's called driver skill, kids. Just more proof that you don't need thousands in mods to have fun and do well. Good job highlighting the accomplishments of the "little guy".

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cool pics. I think i'll get that issue also. I would like to do that also if I could ever get it away from my wife!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Cool! I think you actually get more traction in the rain in Moab go figure! that place amazes me everytime I go out there.

·
Your Rig Sucks
618 Posts
sweet pics.... maybe I'll actually get that copy:rolleyes:
Rocker knocker?

Hopefully, the publisher has the address thing straightened out and we will actually GET this issue... :D
This seems to be a recurring theme. I subscribed as soon as this mag came out and got 3 issues the first year :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Looks like I'm not alone.

Ooooops. I got 4 issues that year.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Great Photos!

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
That's called driver skill, kids. Just more proof that you don't need thousands in mods to have fun and do well. Good job highlighting the accomplishments of the "little guy".
x100!

My thoughts exactly!

...especially since I used to be "the little (2WD) guy" on the trail.

75% Driver, 25% Truck

·
Registered
93 Posts
omg. don't think i would even have considered driving that. great driving...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just ran Prichett last weekend (Memorial Day) with another FJ (he thought he was the first). Here's a few pics:

Jim D's FJ

My 4Runner

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
This seems to be a recurring theme. I subscribed as soon as this mag came out and got 3 issues the first year :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Looks like I'm not alone.

Ooooops. I got 4 issues that year.

My experience hasn't been that bad... if it happens again and they don't just resend me a copy of that issue, I'll nip that subscription in the bud. I don't want some crap I have to download that's gonna take up room on my hard drive.:mad:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts