TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to come across wrong, my sister is the Contoller at a local Toyota dealer. Life is good for them, new vehicle every 4,000 miles. This time around she get a FJC :D I'll be taking this for a cruise, can't wait to see what it's like.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Jmarko from the central region has one lifted on 35's( I think thats the size) He went out to richloam with us, and he did really well with it. From the pics you posted richloam is a lot like corbett. Mostly sandy, muddy roads that are soon to be under water.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went to the dealer on Sat. to pick up the new carpet for the Tacoma and while I was there I took a good look/sat/drove in one. The FJC is very nice (love the panel for all the switches) but, I really like my truck. I have way too much invested into it and would take a major hit if I decided to trade it in.

My Tacoma has not let me down thus far, so I decided to upgrade it a bit more... I ordered the GlobalMap® Baja 480C along with the already installed Pioneer AVIC-D1 , I'll order (by Wed.) front and rear ARB lockers and two Viking Fire/Trail Combo Line with Winch Safety Thimble for the winches. Now I'm going to wheel the :D out of what I have.

Skip, when you read this, call me.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't think I've changed my mind, I still want to do the SAC...
At this time, I'm willing to wait to see if some kind of kit is released. The price at this time is at $10,000 to $15,000.00.
Neil has not put a price tag on it, I really don't want to put that kind of pressure on him to come up with the design, fabricate and install.
When I feel that I'm out driving the IFS I will do so... Until then, you boys (men) need to get ready for the ONF run, I'm going with the attitude that the IFS will do the same trail as a SAC. :D I'll be Locked front and rear.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Neil426 said:
Chaz,
Did you buy, or are you making the hawse fairleads for synthetic line.
Skip feels I need to stay with what I have from experience, I do value his word.
If I do go against his better judgement, I'll use my standard roller fairlead housing and just make the rollers out of Black Delrin. I do have access to a CNC turning center, that would take about all of 15 min. to make.

·
Registered
607 Posts
2Tense said:
Skip feels I need to stay with what I have from experience, I do value his word.
If I do go against his better judgement, I'll use my standard roller fairlead housing and just make the rollers out of Black Delrin. I do have access to a CNC turning center, that would take about all of 15 min. to make.
Like I said Chaz you will never break that cable you have as long as you take care of it and as far as weight goes who cares we are not rock crawlers concerned about ever little pound of extra weight. Keep the cable save the dough for the SAC in the future. ;)

·
FL VP
962 Posts
2Tense said:
I'm going with the attitude that the IFS will do the same trail as a SAC. :D I'll be Locked front and rear.
I have done everytrail in ONF with the group sence I got my runner and im stock(no lift) and have IFS and am not locked so your fine there

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Toxic said:
I have done everytrail in ONF with the group sence I got my runner and im stock(no lift) and have IFS and am not locked so your fine there
Toxic, we need to get this run organized. If you want, lets set a date that I'll drive up and meet with you and go over everything.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts