TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a FJ. I was looking for a replacement work vehicle. Some one decided they needed my F150 FX4 more than I did.

I compared several vehicles before deciding on the FJ. I chose it due to the standard features, that fit well with my work. But since purchasing it I have seen others running around SoCal that are lifted and have options that may help protect my vehicle from damage. I do not intend to use it for crawling, I think that is the term, but I will use it on old mountain roads that are not maintained. I am a total novice at this, and am looking for any positive information I can get.

I have talked with the guys at All Pro Off Road in Hemet, California. They seem to be helpful and knowledgeable. I am looking at bumpers, wench , rock rails, skid plates and a 3 inch lift from Walker Evans suspension. Again it will not be taken off road to the extent most of you guys do. But I want extra ground clearance, and close to factory driving characteristics. Some of the roads have not been maintained for over 30 years so at times they are pretty cluttered with rocks and ruts.

Thanking all of you in advance for your assistance.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome!!

Lots of fun fireroads here in socal.

Good luck

John

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Welcome, and please fill out your profile a bit.

I would suggest that although the suspension and mods you are considering may be a bit of an overkill for what you intend to do, I think if you can afford to build it well the first time it will be cheaper for you in the long run.

Furthermore, having access to local help & advice will be good for you, so you should work with them and execute your plan.

Down the road, you will be glad you did it right the first time.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts