TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a set of the silver FJ TRD 16" wheels for my '06 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC Tacoma and had a question...

For those of you who made the swap, do the stock lugnuts fit or will I need to buy new ones? I've heard that the FJ wheels require "acorn style" lugnuts, but I believe that's the type that came stock on the truck.

I then plan on adding a set of 265/75 BFG AT's. From what I've heard on this forum there shouldn't be any rubbing issues. If there are, then I may consider a OME or Donahoe 2.5-3.0" lift...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now, the truck has the stock 16x7" ( 5.5" of backspacing) Tacoma alloy wheels...

I believe the FJ TRD wheels are 16x7.5" with 4.5" or 5.0" of backspacing. Either way, the new wheels should be "pushed" slightly away from the wheel well when compared to the stock Tacoma wheels.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It might be a while till I get the new tires mounted (couple weeks/months). I'm trying to wear them down a bit more until I swap them out. The stockers have about 28K and still have some life left in them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
so what is the backspacing of the trd fj wheels?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts