TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with an FJC pulled out their radio, or is anyone planning on pulling their radio?

We Tacoma guys want to know if your head unit could possibly swap into a Tacoma - like the popular Scion Radio mod.

If someone could take measurements of the head unit itself (the part that goes in the dash that you can't see) and measurements of the face plate, and take some pics of the mounting bracket, mounting bracket holes, and plug-ins on the back - that would be great.

What would be even better is if someone with an FJC has a close Tacoma friend, you could test fit it!

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!

If anyone has replaced their stock FJC stereo for an aftermarket stereo, I'd be willing to buy it and test this out myself.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I am going to guess its plug and play, that is kinda toyotas way... The only issue will be the faceplate and the mounting will most likly be the same too....

What are the advantages of the FJ stereo??

EDIT: Just noticed you have a early taco, not 05+ like I was thinking about...

That could be an interesting mod, thou I doubt its larger than double din...

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah64id said:
I doubt its larger than double din...
That's what I think also.

Toyota hasn't changed the wiring harness on any of its stereos in years. That's why the Scion radio mod works and is so easy. Personally (just from looking at pictures) I think the FJC and Scion radios are the same size, and therefore could be swapped in to 98 - 04 Tacomas.

The advantages are Satellite Radio, MP3, iPod, WMA, and Disc Changer capabilities, and superior sound quality. Pretty much just like the Scion Radio, but the FJC Head Unit looks cooler/tougher.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Angry Andy said:
I pulled out my 6 disc FJAMMER head unit, its currently sitting in the garage, awaiting an ebay posting....I can take some measurements for ya.
Just like the Scion radio you will have to trim some plastic around the din hole.

But it will fit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm ditching my FJammer soon for a clarion w/nav

·
Registered
764 Posts
Wall said:
I'm ditching my FJammer soon for a clarion w/nav
how much you want for it? will you make a deal for a TTORA member :D?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Let me get my other unit and look on ebay and ill cut a deal from there

·
Registered
147 Posts
just installed the fjammer to my tacoma...everything was plug and play but.....

you must trim the mount on the sides(where it mounts) as well as the face of the trimming on top bottom and sides(the snap on trim)

·
Registered
345 Posts
krnnerdboy said:
just installed the fjammer to my tacoma...everything was plug and play but.....

you must trim the mount on the sides(where it mounts) as well as the face of the trimming on top bottom and sides(the snap on trim)
Post some pics if u dont mind

·
Registered
764 Posts
Pics Pics Pics!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
There are alot of better stereos I would install than the fjammer. Kinda low on power in my opinion. I should know as i have one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts