TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Damnit, I missed all the fun on Sunday :mad: I would really like to make plans so I can get a chance to run B-Pit.

·
Registered
672 Posts
2Tense said:
Damnit, I missed all the fun on Sunday :mad: I would really like to make plans so I can get a chance to run B-Pit.

Chaz,

I think someone else posted that sometime in March would be good for the next get together. I was bummed that we didn't go to boston on Saturday... I think you really would have liked it.
-Mike

·
Registered
672 Posts
91toyota4x4 said:
Was it slick at the pit when you guys were there? I didn't know you had taken such a big group there.

We had a near roll over (end over end style) at the other pit because it was all slippery. A/Ts + Slick as Snot limerock = bad news.
It didn't seem to be too slick. From what I heard the traction was good.

My pics are here. http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f259/pnueve/MLK Pics/?start=all

·
Registered
676 Posts
yeah, I like to whore pics of myself. I took more, but dont feel like uploading them all. Just the important ones :D

The sandy pics were the eureka pit, I had the most fun there, took 4x4, low range, the 33's and the locker to make it to the top, it looks innocent but I drove around the buried rubicon with no trouble :D Than the jeeps kept trying to winch the stuck jeep UPhill, and dragged the winching jeep downhill over and over and over, till I got tired of watching.... I mentioned winching downhill, they shrugged it off...

Flexin the alcans a little, some shots of dom's fj, and andrews tacoma.... Maybe I'll post more later

·
Registered
151 Posts
Damn, that shit was deep....That pic of me bumper deep is!! For some reason I can't log onto the forum from broward county, I can only get on the forum when I log on from work or school which are both in boca raton...So I haven't be able to get one much...Great pics Anthony, I have a couple good ones....I posted a short clip on youtube.com here is the addy...Might have to copy and paste it....Anthony e-mail me at: [email protected] so I have you e-mail addy..I need to get chaz's as well cuz I don't know when this forum stuff will be resolved with my area...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa-kfz2cSvw

·
Registered
672 Posts
Umm... ever thought about slowing down? The only reason the water came over your hood is because you were going too fast. The key is to keep the bow wave in front.

Comcast knows about the issue with ttora, I spent almost two hours yesterday talking with tech support... and my shit works just fine now.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Ummm... Dom, even though those FJ's have a "built in snorkel" thats not a very good way to make a water crossing. :eek: Slow and steady keeps the water out of your intake! Nice vid though! My wife noticed you took a deep breath at the end. Were you holding your breath for your FJ? :D

·
Registered
672 Posts
ToyOwnerer said:
I had a great time on sat. with you guys! Thanks! :D Yeah I was also having problems connecting from home but I'm good now.
It was cool to see you out there running what we did. I was impressed to say the least. We need to see that thing out at Boston.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
ToyOwnerer said:
I had a great time on sat. with you guys! Thanks! :D Yeah I was also having problems connecting from home but I'm good now.
To tell you the turth I never saw the Nissan on the trail cause I was at the back of the group. One of the reasons you've been having problems getting on the site because of the crazy user name you got your self.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
bosco said:
Ummm... Dom, even though those FJ's have a "built in snorkel" thats not a very good way to make a water crossing. :eek: Slow and steady keeps the water out of your intake! Nice vid though! My wife noticed you took a deep breath at the end. Were you holding your breath for your FJ? :D
I was thinking the same thing. Was that railroad grade? The water didn't seem like it was that deep :confused: I didn't even think my tires went all the way under. I was kind of bummed that alot of the cool washouts that used to be there were gone.

·
Registered
676 Posts
DAMN DOM, you were flying through that, I was right behind you most of the time, the pic I took of you in the water, that is the hole you posted in your video..... I was just cruising, 4lo 3rd gear just idled through all the water crossings myself.... It didnt even phase the truck and I just stayed behind the wave....

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
91toyota4x4 said:
I was thinking the same thing. Was that railroad grade? The water didn't seem like it was that deep :confused: I didn't even think my tires went all the way under. I was kind of bummed that alot of the cool washouts that used to be there were gone.
I was let down and the water crossing this year too. I went through that same area faster then that but I knew I was high enough for not to bother me, oh and I have a snorkle.

·
Registered
151 Posts
pi said:
Umm... ever thought about slowing down? The only reason the water came over your hood is because you were going too fast. The key is to keep the bow wave in front.

Comcast knows about the issue with ttora, I spent almost two hours yesterday talking with tech support... and my shit works just fine now.
I know, problem was I entered too fast & was afraid if I slowed I would sux water....Well, kept it up a lil' too much!! Still was badass from the inside!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts