TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is around gainesville, ocala area. We are having problems with wheeling spots being shut down and so there are only a couple of decent places to actually wheel. A lot has probably changes since the last time you lived here.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Oh I'm guessing yer right... it was '71 - '74...
LOL... Around the Jacksonville area...
The passing of MLK Day... reminded me of Integration of the public school systems in the day... as a kid... I was scared shitless... Not hateful... Just scared... I was one of a group of 30 or so kids that were bussed to an all black school... It was a very interesting time in our history to say the least... I remember my parents being in support of it... sadly... the white kids were not treated well in there new environments or visa versa... There was lots of anger in those days... and though I was an innocent... It did not matter... I did manage to survive with only a few bumps and brusies... For this reason... I don't really remember learning very much in school during that time... It was more of a survival process... And I'm sure it was an equal feeling on both sides of the coin...

(sorry... guess I've had that bottled up for a long time... and it has nothing to do with wheelin')

Sorry to here of yer limited wheelin' resources... It would seem that it is similar throughout the south eastern region of the US (or just the eastern border as a whole :( )... If you ever make a road trip out west... We would show ya a good time for sure... But don't wait too long... as that could be extinct one day as well :(

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On day I will take you up on that offer. I am hoping to do some western US wheeling. With gas being so high and working and school I dont plan on making out there for a while but it is a goal of mine. I also have a long long lists of mods I plan on doing inorder to be able to do more narly wheeling.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yeah I showed up but didnt see anyone, not that I'd know you guys if I saw you but I had a spot over with the Rover kids. So how many guys went, I did remeber some loud ass drunk kid over near the raffle table during the raffle.

on the way up there we came upon this, there was blood everywhere!

Aaron

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HAHAHA....I am sure that drunk "kid" was me. I was really wasted but was only having fun.
There was a good 15-20 trucks from ttora. We had some really good wheeling time. You should of came over and said hi. Hope to see you on the trails.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts