TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are any of you interested in joining the FL4WDA (Florida Four Wheel Drive Association)?

For those that don't know, this is an organization that promotes responsible trailriding in our State and National Forests as well as fighting to keep our trails open from threat of closure. The FL4WDA serves as a single voice for most of the 4x4 clubs in the state and I would like to see our Chapter of TTORA become a part of this organization.

As some of you may know, the association as been in a state of flux and not a lot has happened for the past year. However, new leadership has emerged and they have been working hard for the past couple of months to turn it around. Check out their website for more info,

http://www.fl4wda.com/

TTORA is a free club and I won't/can't force anyone to join, but for those interested it's $5.00 per person. A minimum of 5 club members is needed for TTORA-FL to join the Association as a club.

Please post up if your interested!

Brian

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I'll join only if I don't get shipped off to some island and get yelled at again. LOL

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Count me in! :D

Bryan

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome. How about I bring a signup sheet and collect dues from club members (that want to join) at the campout.

I want to make it clear that I don't think less of anyone who doesn't want to join the FL4WDA, it's just an option I'm throwing out there.

Brian

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
85sfarunner said:
Awesome. How about I bring a signup sheet and collect dues from club members (that want to join) at the campout.

I want to make it clear that I don't think less of anyone who doesn't want to join the FL4WDA, it's just an option I'm throwing out there.

Brian

Sounds good man.

Bryan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am Jeffrey Fogel. I have been a member of TTORA-FL since the beginning and I am glad to see that interest in the club is picking up again. I have not been very involved because I have been very busy with my 2 posts in Mosquito County 4x4 and being the webmaster of FL4WDA.

I am glad to see that most folks are interested in joining FL4WDA in its fight to preserve off-road recreation on public lands.

I will do my best to try an keep up with the happenings of this chapter through the message boards. Whatever happened to the old Topica list?

I'm looking forward to hanging out with my Toyota friends again soon!

Jeffrey

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Jeffrey,

I think I met you at one of the MLK campouts a couple of years ago and we may have done some wheeling in Dunellon.

I'm glad you found the new forum, the Topica list was dropped some time ago.

Hope to see you on the trail!

Brian

·
Registered
11 Posts
Brian, your rig does look awfully familiar. I'll look forward to seeing you either at the cleanup or the MLK weekend campout.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you for your show of support. A short newsletter will be published online soon going over some of the stuff we are working on.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If your already a member through another club don't worry about it.

Since I didn't collect dues at the last event, plan to have them ready for the January FL4WDA campout. This way I'll be able to submit our clup application in person and will get stickers for everyone that weekend.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Cool, You can count me in but I may need to paypal you the membership dues or something if you are willing and I can't make it. I will try to make it to the campout though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts