TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever put flag poles out the bed of their truck to have a flag wave out the back? I cant think of a way to do it just curious if anyone has done it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
guy at my church used one of them bed extender thingies and folded inside the bed, used PVC pipe that dropped in the one of the holes and turned it into a flag pole

·
Registered
202 Posts
the bed mount flag pole

i had one on my truck, the way i had mine was spanned across the bedrails close to my cab. I had had a tool box that i drilled holes in the bedrails to install. after the toolbox was out... i cut some angle iron the width of the bed, bolted it on and use a cast iron pole out of the center. with the use of 3/4 in od pipe. then use cotter pins to hold my 3'x5' flag

·
Registered
102 Posts
there was a guy here with a extra cab stepside tacoma, black, that did it. hes local here in troutdale/gresham area. i talked to the guy and hes pretty cool. is that the one you've seen?

·
Registered
460 Posts
speakin of confederate flags we took one and layed it across the top of my friends bed cover and it looked purddy sweet. just faded and one day at walmart sum guy ripped it. so he decided 2 stop that so he stencilled it and painted it on his bed cover (it was a fiberglass 1) looked purddy cool.

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
RENEGADE76254 said:
speakin of confederate flags we took one and layed it across the top of my friends bed cover and it looked purddy sweet. just faded and one day at walmart sum guy ripped it. so he decided 2 stop that so he stencilled it and painted it on his bed cover (it was a fiberglass 1) looked purddy cool.
Dam, that must have been pretty sexy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
HardTaco said:
I'd run this flag, it's tight yo.
uh-huh. are you trying to tell me that you are a fudge packer deep down and just hiding it behind the swastika. i knew you MD boys all took it in the butt. :lmao:

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
a guy in my class had a pole he welded together and bolted to the bed of his truck. the base was a 1/4 thick 'T' and a 3/4" pipe was welded to the intersection of the 'T'. he bolted it to the center of the bed towards the tailgate and positioned the top of the 'T' towards the cab. he flew a 3x5 american flag and never had problems with the pole bending, coming loose, or anything. he was kindof a hick, though.

·
Banned
262 Posts
surlynkid said:
uh-huh. are you trying to tell me that you are a fudge packer deep down and just hiding it behind the swastika. i knew you MD boys all took it in the butt. :lmao:
Quit dreamin, I know you just want to get in my pants. :bitchslap

·
Registered
109 Posts
i have a headache rack in my truck and i just put pvc pipe as a pole through the flag and zip tied the pvc pipe to my headach rack and it worked great.

·
Registered
756 Posts
funny question but the morning of the attacks on September 11, I flew a pretty good sized American flag out of the bed of my truck. I remember that I wedged the wooden stick that held the flag between my bedliner and my bed right where the tailgate met the the bed and surprisingly it worked well. I just remember feeling helpless as hell watching that shit on tv and all I could think of to do was support my country by flying the flag. People looked at me strange that morning but the next day everybody had them on their vehicles.

·
Registered
80 Posts
my friend made a pretty cheap flag pole holder. he just got one of them 3gallon buckets put a PVC pipe in the midddle and poured cement all around it, let it harden, then sat it in the back...

·
Registered
147 Posts
I attached a Arkansas Razorback's flag (on the LSU game day and we won) to a 1 1/2" by 4' piece of PVC and zip tied it to the tie down hooks in the back of the bed. Gives a little bit of flex, for that bent over "Deliverance" look I was going for.

Running a 4'x8' on the highway is a bit of fun, though. And you get a lot of supporters everywhere you go.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
get one of those whips that sandrails are always sporting that are like ten feet in the air.

·
Registered
434 Posts
just saw this thread...heres what i did

its just a couple 2x4s screwed together with an adjustable flag pole mount on them...i cut the boards to length so that it doesnt move around in the bed at all...its braced by the bed itself on 3 sides and the tailgate on the other...i have some rope hanging out of my toolbox to put around the flagpole as well for some added stability...i dont drive with it up at highway speeds though because i dont know the strength of the mount itself

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
My buddy just used a EMT conduit clamp on the bottom and the top of the bed screwed down with tek screws. Put a little rubber end on the end of the pole and it flies fine, no bending at all.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I have a roll bar in my truck, and it's dual tube, so I put the flag poles in the space between the poles and ziptie it in. I run a confederate and American flag. Get more good responses then bad. I hope the people that have bad responses know I carry a gun when I wave it

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
anyone know where i can get one one of those whips that sandrails run with the big ass flag? I want one for my truck for when i go out to sand mountain to sport a toyota flag. :D Figure i have to have a whip, so why not rep the toyota emblem.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts