TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going up to Flagstaff on the 28th to get my custom made Safari basket fitted to my034runner. Going to make a wheeling trip out of it by hitting up trails either in the Flagstaff or Sedona area.:driving: :woot: :cool:

Dennis said that he and Susan are game, and I'm sure he'll post up later.

Anyone else in?? Scott, Jason?? You two could be our tour guides!!:D

I've also got this posted on Toy120, http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19374#post19374

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OH MY GOD!!!!

I wish I could, but there is NO WAY I can get a full weekend off yet, especially next week.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'll give you some suggestions though...

Well, it's not really a whole weekend, I do have to work Saturday, just getting off a little early and heading out!!

Call in sick!!:D

·
Registered
616 Posts
Well, it's not really a whole weekend, I do have to work Saturday, just getting off a little early and heading out!!

Call in sick!!:D
O.k.

What exactly are your plans?? Leave saturday evening, and then be back by monday morning? That doesn't seem like enough time!?!? I might be able to get the days off, but for what?? That is a long drive, just to have a few hours of awesome wheeling...

·
Registered
86 Posts
If we hadn't just been there a couple of weekends ago, we'd definitely be in. It's all about timing!

We haven't done much (well, any) offroading there other than pretty good dirt roads, but I think Jason may have some suggestions.

Have a great time and we'll look for photos!

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O.k.

What exactly are your plans?? Leave Saturday evening, and then be back by Monday morning? That doesn't seem like enough time!?!? I might be able to get the days off, but for what?? That is a long drive, just to have a few hours of awesome wheeling...

Kind of like we did for Easter, get off of work a little early, run home change, feed the dog and leave.
After talking with Dennis last night, we both agreed, that it would probably be easier to just camp out at a motel after the 4 hour drive, vs trying to find a place to camp out, plus all the set up and break down of camp and all of that crap. I don't mind that, as we can double up in a room and save a few dollars there (more $$ for gas:missingto ) plus get a hot shower in the morning.

I do have to go over to Tim's (Blackout on Toy120) shop, have him measure and get the mounting set up just right for my new custom made Safari rack, then go hit the trails.

He said that it would take him a couple of hours to get the mounts all welded in place, (he'll already have the basket made) and swing by and pick it up on the way out of town.

And yes, it's a long drive for just a days worth of fun, but, what the hell. We can always plan for another longer trip down the road.
I do need to be at work Monday the 30th (last day of the month in car sales and all!)

Again, I'm going, so if anyone else wants to come along, that would be great!!

Also, if there are those of you that can swing it, and want to head out earlier, and get all set up at "camp" and play around, then that's cool too.:D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hell yea,we are in...hope to see some others willing to tag along.We have wanted to go down in that area so this will work for now,but we still need to go back for a longer stay and check out more of the area!!:D

·
Registered
799 Posts
My 4runner will be in the shop next week...if timings right I will go... only for testing purposes to make sure everything is ok that is.;)

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool, cool!!!:cool: :cool: Looks like we might be taking down a Convoy!!!:missingto :driving: :driving:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Robert,don't forget to call Tim and get a time to show up at his shop...we can figure out what and how many trails to do if we have a time,I'll bring the arizona book over to you tomorrow night.:D :xsmokin1:
Cody,hope your ready for some beautiful scenery and fun...glad your going down with us,let's hear from some other peeps!!!

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Robert:

I just emailed you (at home) copies of the maps I had from when i went down to Sedona. I'll talk to you more about it later...

Cool, I just closed it and I didn't see anything new, but I'll open it back up and check it out. Thanks.:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jason, I re-checked my e-mail, I didn't get them.
Try my work e-mail: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
'just tried that email. The original failed due to the file size. If this doesn't work, I can scan in copies at a lower resolution...

Cool, thanks Jason.
I actually just got off of the phone with a customer who just moved up here from the Flag/Sedona area. He told me of some cool things to see and do as well.
Also, I told him of the routes that I mapped out (looked at) on Google Earth, and he said that they are spectacular, and that we would be extremely happy with them.

He also clued me in on where Not to stay!!! I told him the "camp" spots (motels) that I looked up, and he told me that of all the ones that I looked up, that the Days Inn @ Hwy 17 & I - 40 was the best spot if we want to actually sleep without the trains waking us up every 4.5 minutes!!

Who knew, going shopping in Arizona would turn out to be so much Fun!!:xpimp: :driving: :woot:

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
'just tried that email. The original failed due to the file size. If this doesn't work, I can scan in copies at a lower resolution...

I got the maps Jason, thanks!:D Between those and the Backcountry Adventures book that Dennis dropped off, we should have plenty to see and do.
This is going to be fun.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So Robert what is the run down? What's the schedule look like?

Leave work early, hopefully around 4:30-5:30pm, go home, change, meet up with Dennis and Susan and whoever else wants to go, and start driving.:driving:

Get down to our "Camp spot", and have cocktails, get up the next morning, get breakfast, go to Tim's shop and get the mounts measured so he can build the legs and mounts for the already done basket, then head down to Sedona for a few hours of fun.
Then reverse the sequence and drive home.:driving:

If you plan on going, you need to go to the link I provided on my last post, and reserve your spot to sleep at!!:D :xpimp: :xdevil:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts