TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mounted a maglite or similar flashlight in the cab of their truck. I am thinking of doing that and want some ideas of where to put it. It would be great if you have pics too. I have a '04 DC.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am going to mount two in my toolbox in the next week or so. I am afraid to mount them in the cab, too tempting for the 4 and 5 year old.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I installed a triple D Maglight on my shifter console on the drivers side in my 99. It fits perfect and doesn't get in the way. I can take a picture later tonight if you want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i screwed my mag lite charger to the trans-hump on the pasenger side in my work vehicle , should work fine in Taco. All there is on the floor board is sheet metal(floor-board) so use the sheet metal screws that come with tthe mag-lite charger. Dont over tighten them!

·
Registered
925 Posts
tacoma0309 said:
Has anyone mounted a maglite or similar flashlight in the cab of their truck. I am thinking of doing that and want some ideas of where to put it. It would be great if you have pics too. I have a '04 DC.
i put my 3d on the left side of the driver seat on the floor (between the door and the seat bracket). it fits there perfectly and doesn't require drilling into the truck.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
I have a 3D mounted to the floor, using the plastic maglite mounts ,right beside my shifter console..

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
tacoma0309 said:
I put mine here:

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
flashlight mount

jtaco1 said:
I installed a triple D Maglight on my shifter console on the drivers side in my 99. It fits perfect and doesn't get in the way. I can take a picture later tonight if you want.
I'd like to see some pics of that!

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
streamlight

tacoma0309 said:

I'm kinda lookin into a stream light, cause you can have a recharge system set up along w/ the mount, that way you ain't gotta worry about replacing the batteries. I think they come w/ the mounts, but they're also NOT cheap ;)!

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
mudferret said:
I put mine here:

about how heavy is that? Reason I ask is, the roads around her are SHIT, and things bounce around a pretty good bit, I didn't wanna screw it to my shifter console and it rip out. Thanx, Wes

·
Registered
335 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Tacomatoy03 said:
thats perfect, where did you get the hardware for it and what size maglight is it. ive been looking all over for hardware and cannot find anything.
It's a 3D cell light. I ended up ordering the brackets online, can't remember from where though. I've heard they sell them at Home Depot. If you do a search on google you'll find a ton of links, the brackets are ultra cheap as well.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
wslytoy said:
about how heavy is that? Reason I ask is, the roads around her are SHIT, and things bounce around a pretty good bit, I didn't wanna screw it to my shifter console and it rip out. Thanx, Wes
It's been bouncing around for about a year and a half now. No ill effects. Not sure what the weight is, more than a pound, less than two.

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
flashlight mount

mudferret said:
It's been bouncing around for about a year and a half now. No ill effects. Not sure what the weight is, more than a pound, less than two.

Ok, cool thanx man!

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
4x4Dragon said:
thousands of dollars into your trucks and you guys are still using just plain 'ol maglites :( :) like having.........well a tacoma with a yugo engine in it.

here lemme help you guys:

www.candlepowerforums.com
www.elektrolumens.com
www.brightguy.com
www.flashlightreviews.com

and, http://community.webshots.com/album/176058429mqEODI
check out the rest of my webshots website while you're at it. :)

it's b/c they're cheap and easily replaceable! However, they do suck after the 1st batch of batteries. Every maglite I've ever had goes to shit after the 1st set of fresh batteries!

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
wslytoy said:
I'd like to see some pics of that!
Sure let me see what I can do.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
4x4Dragon said:
thousands of dollars into your trucks and you guys are still using just plain 'ol maglites :( :) like having.........well a tacoma with a yugo engine in it.

here lemme help you guys:

www.candlepowerforums.com
www.elektrolumens.com
www.brightguy.com
www.flashlightreviews.com

and, http://community.webshots.com/album/176058429mqEODI
check out the rest of my webshots website while you're at it. :)
I Browse CPF alot myself- and have quite a few Flashlights-
I keep a 4D Maglite in my truck because it has other functions ;)
(Its big & Heavy )
THe light that has been getting the most use if my Streamlight 4AA LED-
Recently picked up an LED replacement for one of my Mag 2D lights.

I keep atleast 4 lights in the taco at all times-
1)4D maglite w/ in reach at all times (upgraded Xenon Biulb)
2)Streamlight LED -drivers side map pocket
3) 2AA mag - glove compartment
4)2D MAG w/LED in the tool box
5) LSI 1 Million CP rechargeable handheld spotlight for trips

1 - 20 of 49 Posts