TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new member in San Diego. I about to give up my Ford F250 SD and a Suzuki Sammy for a Tacoma Double Cab 4x4. Here is my thinking. Ford is use as my driver, home depot, bikes to the track stuff like that, Suzuki with offroad mods gets towed with a 30 class A Motorhome everywhere we go. Suzuki is small for us, wife and a 2 and 14 yr old. Also at 48 I would like alittle more comfort.
So I thought a Tacoma would be right to replace both the Suzuki and the Ford. I would like to here from anyone that flat tows a Tacoma. I kown and did some search and have read Yes and No on this but I know some are doing it. What kind of tow bar is used? Driveshaft Disconnect? Please Help me out hear. This is by far the best info site and look forward to learning all I can. Thanks Kelly

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Well, I flat tow mine for now, but I also have manual hubs as both ends. For your purposes, you are going to need some kind of driveshaft disconnet to flat tow it behind the motorhome. For the kind of money you will spend on a driveshaft disconnect, you are 3/4 to a trailer. My vote is for the trailer.

Just my 2 cents,
Tim

·
Registered
499 Posts
It's only 4 bolt to unhook the rear drive shaft from the axle. then run a strap under the rig to hold up the d-shaft and your ready to pull.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts