TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I think that electric fans are worth it. When my fan clutch went I just put on an electric fan and have had no problems at all. Some say it frees up some horses but that would probably be very minor or not at all.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
search around, there is a mod for a fan from a ford Taurus I think.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I run Flex-a-lite 210's on my Supra and they work very nicely. I would recommend them if you have the cash.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It's not a Bad Mod

I run it on my taco. It made a big different. I like it. You might want to put a switch on it, so that it doesn't turn on when you are traversing water. I think I have some pics after the install. It tended to have a bad vibration when it turned on. I had to make a support frame from metal scraps from Home Depot. It was trial and error. It ultimately worked. I can feel a little vibration but it is nothing that bothers me. It also draws a lot of AMPS from your elecrtical system. The stock Alterantor is only good up to 40-45 amps. If you have a lot of electrical extras in your truck, you might want to consider upgrading your Alternator to a higher Output. I upgraded mine to 130 AMP from NWOR.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I did this mod and ended up going back to the stock fan. It vibrated, sucked juice and caused my truck to overheat twice. As a result I have one I'll sell you for cheap :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts