TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this is a really mundane question and I apologize in advance. And I did search but found nothing related. I bought a set of all-weather (rubber) mats from the dealer for my 2001 double cab Tacoma. The front mats don't really seem to fit correctly. There is no taper on the inside rear of the mats like on the cloth mats, which causes them to sit up on the hump. Before I drive all the way back out to the dealer, I was wondering if any of you have Toyota all-weather mats that do fit correctly. Or if this is just what I'll have to live with (or return them and get something along the lines of a Husky mat).

Again, sorry. Floor mat tech.... :rolleyes:

TJK

·
---------------
3,569 Posts
It's your preference really. I have the husky floor mats and they are molded perfectly to the shape of the floor.

Personally, since you paid for them to "fit" I would take them back and get something that does fit, but again, it's about how picky you want to be, but at least get what you paid for.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much were your Husky mats?

I might also be able to trim the front of these so they'd sit a little more forward.

At $98 for a set of 4 though, seems like they should fit.

TJK

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
i would consider the options of cutting. i paid 75 for my huskies and they do hold the shit that falls off my boots but damn they were expensive.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$75 for the front pair?

The problem with trimming them (which your avatar needs, by the way :D ) is that the driver's side mat is anchored so it can't move much.

Good lord. All this over floor mats. :rolleyes:

TJK

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, I'm taking them back to the dealer. They should fit and they don't.

Found front and rear Husky mats online for $88.90 delivered. Done.

Thanks!

TJK

·
Registered
88 Posts
I bought my 04 DC in october, it HAD the All Weather rubber mats in it also, they fit like poo. I bought the Huskys for the front and rear too. They fit awsome, money well spent.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Working at a dealership, I've had to order a number of sets of these all-weather mats. There are like a half dozen choices for each model, and each is a little different. Probably somebody did not take the time to make sure they were giving you the right mats for your specific set of options. But anyway, $98 is too much for mats. I think you made the right choice going for the Huskies. Hopefully they will fit right.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, $98 is what the dealership (you!) charge. :D

They had the right part numbers. The guy who runs the parts department said I should have been advised that the floorpan on the double cab is slightly different and that the mats would not be an exact fit. Had I been, I wouldn't have ordered them.

Oh well. Good to go now.

TJK

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
You have to trim them. Most of the rubber mats have a border details molded around the perimeter that you trim off to fit your floor. It takes about five minutes with a pair of scissors.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Might work with some but it would not have worked in this case.

By the way, I bought the Husky mats at car-stuff.com.

TJK

·
Registered
18 Posts
www.weathertech.com

I buy rubber mats from them. Great stuff. My beef with most OE mats is that the rubber quality sucks. In the winter, it stiffens up like a brick, allowing the mat to slide all over the place on (cold) carpet.

WeatherTech/Cannon mats don't, very high-quality stuff.

·
Registered
225 Posts
TJK said:
Well, $98 is what the dealership (you!) charge. :D

They had the right part numbers. The guy who runs the parts department said I should have been advised that the floorpan on the double cab is slightly different and that the mats would not be an exact fit. Had I been, I wouldn't have ordered them.

Oh well. Good to go now.

TJK

Any stealership will try to rip you off any chance they get. Especially with parts. In the future for parts from the dealer try site sponsor trdparts4u.com They've got the same prices I get being an employee, and in some cases cheaper. Here are your floormats on their site: http://www.trdparts4u.com/MC-BBE-JJI.aspx
Regular price for the set: $98. Their price: $69.
If you look at the carpeted floor mats on there, they have different part #'s for different cab configurations, which is what I was referring to. For the all weather floormats on new Tacomas, which is what I deal with all the time, they are made to fit the different cabs.

EDIT: An example: A shift knob I was looking to get my brother retails for 70-some dollars at work, and would cost me 50-some.
Here it is on trdparts4u: http://www.trdparts4u.com/PD-PTR26-35060.aspx?MakeID=1

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know the Toyota of Dallas guys and completely agree on pricing. Same with Cdan on Mud. But honestly, for floor mats, I figured the local dealer would be all I'd need. But they had to be ordered and then they didn't fit. Lessons learned. That said, TOD is one of the 3 Toyota parts counters who told me that these mats don't exactly fit double cab Tacoma's. And they verified that the parts numbers on my mats are correct. I really feel like this falls at the feet of TMC sending mats to dealers that don't fit double cabs correctly. It's not any dealer's fault. But they don't fit.

Enough with the mats drama....

TJK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try WalMart

You might try WalMart. They have some that seem to fit well(sl narrower than WeatherTech's), clear or colored, and appear to be able hold lots of snow/debris. Heavyweight and cold flexible as well. Knobs on the back so don't slide around. $7.95 each. I bought two.

·
Registered
661 Posts
brohloff said:
You might try WalMart. They have some that seem to fit well(sl narrower than WeatherTech's), clear or colored, and appear to be able hold lots of snow/debris. Heavyweight and cold flexible as well. Knobs on the back so don't slide around. $7.95 each. I bought two.
x2 on the WallyWorld matts. I have used these for years, and if/when they wear out you can throw them away and get new ones for under $20.00 (Double Cab). They hold plenty of mud, water, soadas, coffee, etc. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
9 Participants
chris4x4
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing