TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched both here and CT and the best answer I have found is "i think the mounting hole do not line up."

Now my question is:
I have a 2001 Prerunner Tacoma, and am in desperate need of new floor mats. I found a seller that has used D Cab mats for $35 shipped. Im just fearful that they wont line up with the mounting hole. Anyone that actually put X cab or D cab mats in your regular cab post up with the fitment?

And I live in Texas and my carpet mats get dirty daily. Am I better off getting some nice rubber mats that are easy to wash? I know the weathertech mats are $90 or so which seems so pricey for friggin mats but they are beautiful!! What about the cheapie Autozone/Orilleys rubber mats? Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just spend a few more bucks and get the right ones from a TTORA sponsor.

All-Weather: http://trdparts4u.com/MC-BBE-JJI.aspx
Carpet: http://trdparts4u.com/MC-BBE-CD.aspx

I got carpet mats when I bought my truck but wore a hole in them in under three years. So I bought all-weather mats and haven't looked back. They don't look as nice compared to clean carpet mats but they stay in place, don't stain, don't wear out, and clean up easy.

·
Registered
395 Posts
When I bought my taco I got some weathertech mats for it and put them over the stock mats. When I sold the truck (STUPID STUPID STUPID) the mats were brand new. They would still rub of the little fuzzies.

C

·
0 Posts
I live in Texas, work in Construction Management, get mud in the truck on a daily basis.

It is easier and cheaper to use a utilty knife to cut the carpet out than screw around with rubber mats.

·
Registered
68 Posts
cedarbarn said:
I live in Texas, work in Construction Management, get mud in the truck on a daily basis.

It is easier and cheaper to use a utilty knife to cut the carpet out than screw around with rubber mats.

That messed up...

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
TX01PreRunner said:
I have searched both here and CT and the best answer I have found is "i think the mounting hole do not line up."

Now my question is:
I have a 2001 Prerunner Tacoma, and am in desperate need of new floor mats. I found a seller that has used D Cab mats for $35 shipped. Im just fearful that they wont line up with the mounting hole. Anyone that actually put X cab or D cab mats in your regular cab post up with the fitment?

And I live in Texas and my carpet mats get dirty daily. Am I better off getting some nice rubber mats that are easy to wash? I know the weathertech mats are $90 or so which seems so pricey for friggin mats but they are beautiful!! What about the cheapie Autozone/Orilleys rubber mats? Thanks
Try taking measurements of the holes and having someone with the mats you want take measurements and see if they add up? OR maybe take measurements of the mats you want over at the Toyota dealership and see if they match up.

Just a thought.

Edited for realizing this was in n00b tech. :D

·
Registered
532 Posts
is this a serious question? if they are the best deal on mats you can find who cares if the damn holes line up. just throw them in there and use them or do like cedarbarn suggested.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
I sold an extra set of Husky liners from an Xtracab to a DC owner-
There is a slight difference in the contours near the center console-
They'll fit close enough-

Post a WTB in the TX forums- and you'll likely find a set.

What color is you interior?
I may have my old floor mats-

Get some Husky liners and you'll be happy-
My Bro, wife, father , Uncle run husky liners in our vehicles

I bought a set of weathertechs for my mother's lexus and was displeased

·
Registered
533 Posts
Its your feet that are tracking in all the mud, you should just cut them off. Ankles would track in less mud for sure. Use your shoe laces for torniquettes since you won't need them any more.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
If mats are an issue to you, then they are an issue to you. If you feel the need for a picture perfect fit, or Toyota logos or something, then that is what you need. If you do not, and Autozone mats are fine for you, then why are you asking for someone else's opinion. Its all down to you!

The Autozone (or any other) mats are fine - in that they lay on the floor and cover it from dirt - if that fits your need.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I recently purchased the WeatherTech floor liner trays for my Tacoma. The front trays were around $85 from Cabela's and I couldn't be happier. These are custom fit trays and yes the holes do line up. The best feature is the tray aspect. They basically have walls and very little gets over the sides on the carpet. I think they are the best option outside of a rubber floor.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21412-cat20119_TGP&rid=&indexId=cat20119&navAction=push&masterpathid=&navCount=1&parentType=index&parentId=cat20119&id=0032641

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well today I was in Dallas and went to the TRDparts4u.com car dealership, got a set of the all weather mats that say Tacoma for $40 w/ tax. Im happy with them. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts