TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flowmaster 50 series, single in dual out. On a 99 3.4L v6 with only engine mods being the k&n drop in and elbow removal. Exits at corner of bumper as you can see in the video. I wanted to keep it as far up and out of the way as possible. No large tips commonly see on full size trucks, it just looked like something else to tear up, and get in the way.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
looks good man and sounds good too. good choice on mounting the tips where you did b/c mine came out under the bumper and got hit on ALOT of stuff wile off roading. they look like they shouldnt get hung up on anything. what size pipes you got on that, 2.5?

i got the super 40 single in/dual out and it sounded like that until i cut the tips off :cool:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HillBilly_Young01 said:
looks good man and sounds good too. good choice on mounting the tips where you did b/c mine came out under the bumper and got hit on ALOT of stuff wile off roading. they look like they shouldnt get hung up on anything. what size pipes you got on that, 2.5?

i got the super 40 single in/dual out and it sounded like that until i cut the tips off :cool:
i believe its 3" going to the muffler and 2.5" coming from the muffler. i asked him why he dropped size after the muffler, he said with the muffler and engine i had i needed to drop down to that size to help maintain close to to stock back pressure.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
RENEGADE76254 said:
i believe its 3" going to the muffler and 2.5" coming from the muffler. i asked him why he dropped size after the muffler, he said with the muffler and engine i had i needed to drop down to that size to help maintain close to to stock back pressure.
cool, so whats the power gain you got from it?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HillBilly_Young01 said:
cool, so whats the power gain you got from it?
im a bit overdue on several maintanance items at the moment. im tryin to push thru exams and then address them. with that said, the truck has several other "issues" that are limiting its power. I cant tell much of a gain when driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
RENEGADE76254
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing