TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I have a 1996 Toyota Tacoma 3.4l V6 SR5 and I want to get a aftermarket exhaust on it. Preferebly Flowmaster. what kind should I get?

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
jdickey03 said:
Alright so I have a 1996 Toyota Tacoma 3.4l V6 SR5 and I want to get a aftermarket exhaust on it. Preferebly Flowmaster. what kind should I get?
you've already answered your own question with " preferebly flowmaster "

problem solved :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but arent there different models of flowmasters?\

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it loud? I dont want it to sound like a rice burner

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
jdickey03 said:
Is it loud? I dont want it to sound like a rice burner
No. I have stock piping till about 18" before the muffler, and dumps just over the axle. Sounds good. I don't like the riceburner crap either. :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
I run the 50 series delta.. ultra quite untill you really gun on it and then it gives a nice mild roar. Not like you are trying to pretend to be a v-8 but a healty nice sound.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Didn't want to start a new thread, I have a 99 V6 with a flowmaster system, I want to swap someone with 2002 V6 stocker.

Will this be a direct swap bolt-on?

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a 40 series flomaster on my truck im happy with it. however its pretty loud. probably not what your looking for. it just dumps under the bed which is even louder but im going to pipe it out the back here soon its kinda getting old being that loud. maybe im just growing up haha

·
Registered
218 Posts
search my posts. hope they help. the higher the series, the more quiet they are. i hope you find something good and that you like.

·
Registered
64 Posts
04 3.4 v6 4x4 extra cab, got flowmaster super 40 series and i couldn't be happier with the way she sounds!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've got what looks like a 40 series on my 3.4, now it does sound kinda ricer <not too much in my opinion> but i've got an intake on mine also

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have a 40 series 2 chamber on my 3.4L 02 with stock pipe. The whole inner truck cab has sound deadning but it is still noticable.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've got 40 series on mine with an afe intake and i like the sound. It gives me a mild hum around 1200 rpms then roars when you stomp.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
my bud had a 40 series 1 in 2 out and it sounded really good inside the truck. outside was kinda ricy. and im being nice by saying "kinda"
although he typically had the rpm's above 3500. crazy kid.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts