TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a 50 series Delt flow with 2 1/4 piping (dual out, of course!). it sounds fuckin bad ass. the only thing thats a problem is i had to take down the spare tire.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
NorCal4life21 said:
i just got a 50 series Delt flow with 2 1/4 piping (dual out, of course!). it sounds fuckin bad ass. the only thing thats a problem is i had to take down the spare tire.
What does the dual out do? Does it give you better traction off-road or something?

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
NorCal4life21 said:
enjoy it while it stays on the truck, i have had two of those pos mufflers fall off, now i run a different brand and it hasnt happened yet..

(muffler falls apart on the front face)

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
NorCal4life21 said:
i just got a 50 series Delt flow with 2 1/4 piping (dual out, of course!).
Oh yeah, of course.... :rolleyes: I'd rather have a better sounding truck than a spare tire anyday, unless you were clever enough to toss it in the bed or something. :flipoff3:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Damn this place is harsh sometimes, glad to hear you got a new exhaust and you like it. My first mod was a new catback and I was stoked on the sound as well.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I put on a 40 Series Flowmaster and I've offroaded for months after putting in on, never had a problem. If you live in So Cal go to Laguna Muffler they put it on for cheap and do an damn good job. My friend has had his fall off once though cause his friends did a shotty job of putting it on, so it does happen.

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
ewood said:
Damn this place is harsh sometimes,
Yeah I noticed that too, but it's all good. No need to take anything to serious. Most people mean well, but I agree their approach needs some finesse,.... wait this is an off road forum,... finesse is for the rainbow colored forums. LOL :D

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
12Tweeter12 said:
I put on a 40 Series Flowmaster and I've offroaded for months after putting in on, never had a problem. If you live in So Cal go to Laguna Muffler they put it on for cheap and do an damn good job. My friend has had his fall off once though cause his friends did a shotty job of putting it on, so it does happen.
mine did not fall off at the install welds, mine the face of the muffler ripped off.. there is a difference... and yes i had supports on it everywhere.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
DCabTaco said:
Yeah I noticed that too, but it's all good. No need to take anything to serious. Most people mean well, but I agree their approach needs some finesse,.... wait this is an off road forum,... finesse is for the rainbow colored forums. LOL :D
I don't think anyone was giving him shit for installing a flowmaster, I have one on my truck and dig it!

People were giving him shit for sacrificing something functional (a spare tire) for something that is only for bling (dual exhaust tips).

Don't worry, we'll get him out on one of our NorCal trail runs and make sure his exhaust gets ripped off by rocks. :D

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
45 Posts
NorCal4life21 said:

Hey man hope your rig sounds good. It's your truck and you can do what ever you want.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think people were just commenting on the fact choosing the dual exhaust "look" over the functionality of a spare tire is less than the most practical choice.

If you are going to larger tires then a spare won't fit under there anyway so why not do it but it's still not a true (headers back) dual exhaust so I still wouldn't do it to my truck but that's just me...

I agree that Flows sound good on the 3.4L, it gives it a nice meaty snarl.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
DesertTRD said:
enjoy it while it stays on the truck, i have had two of those pos mufflers fall off, now i run a different brand and it hasnt happened yet..

(muffler falls apart on the front face)
Did they FM rust too easily? I might be having issues with my even though its only 1.5 years old.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Super Doody said:
Did they FM rust too easily? I might be having issues with my even though its only 1.5 years old.
no rust, just broke in half and fell off... literally.

the actual muffler has a plate that is welded on (where it goes from teh tube then spans out to the muffler face, well at the face is where it broke.. basically i had a tube that was part of the muffler then it went to a flat plate where the muffler used to be.. LOL it sounded sweet though without a muffler on there

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
For what it's worth Corey. I had pretty much the same thing happen with Borla mufflers. The problem is not the muffler it's the fact that there is too little support in the Taco exhaust system forward of the muffler. After my second muffler started to fail, the muffler was welded up and some extra hangers hooks were welded to the exaust pipe up forward of the muffler and hung from the carrier bearing crossmenber with some rubber donut hangers from the exhaust shop.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i like it. to be honest i do most of my driving on street, but i off road when i can, theres just no where to go! im putting the spare tire on a rack in the bach which i actually like better than undernieth. im not gonna get my muffler ripped off cuz im never going to rock crawl. i think its sick, and im glad to hear so many people talk about this. i dont care if people tell me off, this is a forum and i expect it.

·
Registered
556 Posts
12Tweeter12 said:
Where in SoCal? Address or phone # maybe? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts