TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone. i recently purchased a 96 taco. i am going through and changing all of the fluids as i don't know when they've been changed last. i was wondering what to use for fluid(75w90 i think), how much i will need for tranny, transfer case and both differentials. is it difficult to find the fill and drain plugs for the tranny and transfer case? is there a drain on the differentials or do you have to take the cover off? it has a 3.4 and a 5 speed. any help would be appreciated.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
Owner's manual, if you have one, will have all of the capacities and recommended fluids. The Tech/FAQ section on the top of the webpage also has this information.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'd just get a case of 75w90, meaning 12 quarts. Only actually took me 10, w/ overfilling the tranny, which is recommended. Leaves a couple to throw in the tool box, or to spill.

Everything has drain and fill plugs, no biggie. Front diff is kinda a pain just because it's in a tight spot. I'd reccomend spending the extra $8 on a transfer pump. Makes the front diff and tranny much easier.

Just make sure you've got new gaskets for everything too. 4 Aluminum for the tranny and transfer case, 4 steel for the diffs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts