TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to Flush the Radiator today. I have 30K miles on it. Should I just drain and re-fill or should I Flush it. I was thinking of using this Prestone Super Flush that they got at Auto Zone. Does that stuff work. Also I heard that to drain it, in order to get all of it out the car need to be hot. If its cold then not all of it would Drain... Is this correct and if so, should i just drain it once i get home from work? How do you use the flushing chemical?

·
Registered
185 Posts
With only 30k on that coolant IMHO I would just do a drain & refill, maybe do a flush sometime down the road. Definately don't try to drain the coolant when it is hot. Just drain it out, refill, warm the motor up, let it cool & check it again....top it off as necessary. :xbeer1:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
thanhnp said:
I thought draining it hot was a DUMB Idea. Thanks for the advise

Remeber to use the red toyota coolant. flushing is not needed at 30K I just did it and there was no contaminates.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool. Thanks!!! I just picked some up and forgot I had a coupon to Fremont Toyota for 10%off. Should have used that too.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
thanhnp said:
Cool. Thanks!!! I just picked some up and forgot I had a coupon to Fremont Toyota for 10%off. Should have used that too.

Did you have any pics from that last snow run you were on?

·
Registered
28 Posts
thanhnp said:
I thought draining it hot was a DUMB Idea. Thanks for the advise
One of the first things pops taught me about cars is never open the radiator when its hot. I learned the hard way when I didn't cool the radiator long enough and caught some hot spray. Can't imagine trying to drain it while its hot, thats gotta burn. Think paking on an incline might help, marginally.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeh I opened the Radiator while hot on the truck and that shit just blew up. hahaha. So I guess I learned the hard way too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts