TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i swear the engineers that built the second gen dodge ram were drunk

everytime i work on this truck, it makes me appreciate my little toyota that much more.

I tried to shift from park to reverse, and it went all the way to first, with no resistance and didnt leave park.

get out, check the shifter linkage and its popped out, so i put it back in, and try to shift again, it pops back out. call kens transmission, and he tells me to put a c clip on it from ace, went and bought about 10 different c clips, e clips, retaining rings that i thought would work, but none fit 100%

call the dealership, and he looks it up, and its just the bushing that holds it in place...why wouldnt they make it with a snap ring that makes sure it cant pop out, bushings wear out eventually.

walking to work tomorrow and getting a ride down to the dealership to pick the 3$ part up after.

i know 99% of you wont care, but i just needed to vent a little.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Well, although I am enjoying just driving my Dodge right now, I can feel your pain. My Dodge will perform its job at capacity once I find a cabover camper I like, but it has no doubt made me appreciate my both my 06 Taco and my 09 Tundra, on several occasions.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i love driving my ram on the street, 100x more comfortable than the old yota, but working on it leaves me scratching my head sometimes wondering what they were thinking.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
I agree to an extent. Everyone bitches about the POS truck built around a kickass haulin motor. The part I disagree with is Toyota is no better at engineering with maintenance in mind. Or they think we're all 5' tall and 90 pounds with hands the size of a typical 5 year old to beable to get to shit.

I've had my 2nd gen for a little over 3 years and I recently just got it to how I want it and I'm really likin it. Now to address the "dodge defects" and we'll have it better than new in no time. ;)

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
X2, I think they all have faults, I have found stupid shait on every make and model I ever worked on, and I have worked on a bunch.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
The part I disagree with is Toyota is no better at engineering with maintenance in mind. Or they think we're all 5' tall and 90 pounds with hands the size of a typical 5 year old to beable to get to shit.
riiiiggghhhhtttt cause you are such a HULK right:rolleyes: your not far from 5' 90lbs:lmao:

I get to work on alot of diffrent makes and models at work, i will say that any dodge/ chysler product or about any german made vehicle are usually the most frustarting thing to work on

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
riiiiggghhhhtttt cause you are such a HULK right:rolleyes: your not far from 5' 90lbs:lmao:

I get to work on alot of diffrent makes and models at work, i will say that any dodge/ chysler product or about any german made vehicle are usually the most frustarting thing to work on
Watch me turn green...... :fart:

Thats my point though..... if I have a tough time getting to shit to work on it.........

Completely agree about the Chrysler/German cars (Since Chrysler was owned by Germans for a while) The Japanese cars have all the same shit as others in a smaller car......:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Is it any wonder? Take a good long look at the average Jap. They are all f'n midgets.

I agree to an extent. Everyone bitches about the POS truck built around a kickass haulin motor. The part I disagree with is Toyota is no better at engineering with maintenance in mind. Or they think we're all 5' tall and 90 pounds with hands the size of a typical 5 year old to beable to get to shit.

I've had my 2nd gen for a little over 3 years and I recently just got it to how I want it and I'm really likin it. Now to address the "dodge defects" and we'll have it better than new in no time. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
:lmao::rofl::lmao: He's perfectly built to work on jap shit.

·
Registered
400 Posts

i thought i had them all worked out then they switched sides lol

replaced the door lock actuator on the pass side because the gears were slipping so instead of the lock moving up and down it would just make noise , put a JY one in and then the drivers side started to do it

either of you guys experienced " the crazy vents" yet :xcrazy:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i thought i had them all worked out then they switched sides lol

replaced the door lock actuator on the pass side because the gears were slipping so instead of the lock moving up and down it would just make noise , put a JY one in and then the drivers side started to do it

either of you guys experienced " the crazy vents" yet :xcrazy:
ac not working when you get on it??

·
Registered
400 Posts
yep , all cause of a break in the vacuum line

i couldnt figure out what the heck was goin on when i was goin down the freeway then go to pass and all the vents close lol

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Another fine product of what is a Detroit inbred mangement lead socalist 'don't give a fuck' workforce.

yep , all cause of a break in the vacuum line

i couldnt figure out what the heck was goin on when i was goin down the freeway then go to pass and all the vents close lol

·
Registered
400 Posts
ive got the v10 so im not sure how different its set-up if you have the v8

but it was the line coming from the cruise control box under the battery on the drivers side going across the engine bay then tapping into a T

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya idk, i checked my vac lines, and couldnt find my leak.
i have receipts from 2 diff smoke tests from a shop,within a couple months before i bought it, and most if not all vacc lines look new, and it still does it when i get on the throttle hard, cuts out my ac.

during the cool season i dont mind since i roll with windows down but its only going to get hotter from here on out.
love working on the yota :D but hate working on the dd

·
Registered
400 Posts
did you check the vac line that goes thru the firewall?

not sure what exactly its for (maybe the vents ) but there is one that tee's off and goes thru the firewall into the cab

1 - 20 of 20 Posts