TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all. I recently sold my Subaru WRX wagon and joined the Yota community. Well, actually, joined is an understatement.

This month, I've purchased three 4runners. The first two were going to be a project, but then I found the third. Now, I'm selling the first two. It's a mess, I know.

I have some wrenching experience on the Subie engines, but the 22re is a new beast to me. I have a lot to learn. I'm looking forward to taking a few trips offroad and enjoying the new (old) truck to the fullest.

And, if anyone is looking for a project, I have and 85 and an 86 4runner for sale! :woot:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Welcome! Check out the H.O.W thread (House of wrenching) It is stickied somewhere in one of the folders... can't remember which though. How much are you selling the other 2 runners for, and what is the 3rd one you are keeping? (I am sure you already posted that info in for sale... I'll go look now.. ;)

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
121 Posts
howdy!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked up the new/old truck last night!

Took it to emissions this morning (seller had the flu and couldn't get it done) and it passed with flying colors. It even has plates already! Problem is, the rear one is hidden behind the tire carrier. I need to rig something to mount the plate on the tire or jerry can mount.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Picked up the new/old truck last night!

Took it to emissions this morning (seller had the flu and couldn't get it done) and it passed with flying colors. It even has plates already! Problem is, the rear one is hidden behind the tire carrier. I need to rig something to mount the plate on the tire or jerry can mount.
dont "rig" it im sure we can figure out a visible mount and "fabricate" a new one :welder:

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Welcome. Post some pics of the new rig!

Honestly, I think a plate mount is more of a rig than a fabrication, Kirk... :p

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Welcome.

Wrenching on flat fours :banghead: . Nothing like a cluttered engine bay, and a block that comes apart in 2 pieces. Welcome to the world of (mostly) easy, uncluttered wrenching. Unless you have a 3.0 in a 3rd gen :p

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Oh yeah you're going to love the 22RE. Anything you need to do is immediately accessible. Very rarely do you have to take other parts off just to reach/see a part. My subie needs plugs soon :mad: Want to help? :D

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Hey not bad at all! Those TRUXXS MT's are loud as hell though huh?

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
When Troy had those everyone said it sounded like a fleet of bombers.... they were so loud!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts