TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going guys? I've been talking to a few of you via FB and vwfastg60 suggested I get my ass over to the CO page..Few day's late from when I said I would, but here I am.

Name's Dwight and I just moved to Lakewood from Cape Cod, MA. I've got for now, a stock '03 2.7 taco x-cab with the All Pro Expedition bed rack.

I'm no stranger to going out in the woods back home, which mainly consists of Deep sand, and water crossing's, and navigating through tight tree's on quad trails.

Here's a couple pix & a video from back home.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=919564304095&set=t.679770614&type=3

These guys love to hang down from the tree's and make a mess of your truck at night.

Before I got my truck I used to wheel my '94 camry as well. It dragged belly, and always ripped the exhaust off, used it a few times to help jeeps get unstuck.

This was an old toy that I used to auto-x with here and there.

·
Registered
785 Posts
welcome to the forum. theres lots to do out here, even in a stock rig. i just moved here from northeast pa a few months ago.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Sounds good. The weekend after thanksgiving I have my bday its the 24th so the 25th I'm open or during the week I'm free

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool man I'm unemployed atm so I'm down for when ever is better for any of you guys.

And orange I def want to mod it, I woulda already but figured stock height etc and saving some $$ would be best while I relocated 2k miles away. Also I unfortunately left my welder and tools in MA. And I'm living in an apt complex area, so working on ur own stuff is slightly frowned upon. But front bumper with hitch mount winch and winch will be in the works next.

*i also really gotta do the deck plate mod cuz the elevation is killing my power vs being at sea level.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
When you get around to modding stuff, plenty of folks here have welders/cutters/tools to help. :cool:

And that is a huge f-n spider; what is it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Again thanks for the welcome guys and if the offer still stands by others to help me work on my truck n what not, Ill certainly take you up on it.

And yeah wakkjob huge spider, I've only ever seen them at night(no idea what type) and they spin some really thick webs that when they stick to your windshield, washer fluid and wipers won't get rid of it. It's freaky when your going along and you all of a sudden see 10 of em scurrying about your window while your windows are Down. Not to mention when the next morning driving down the highway doing 65 with your arm out the window, one drops on ur arm. Freaked me the F out haha.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome! I grew up on Cape Cod. Otis Air Force Base to be exact. What part of the Cape are you from? And don't say Province Town. :)
Haha nice to hear from another native. And no worries def not P.town. I lived in Wareham(yes I know it's not technically the cape, just easier to describe as such lol), 5 minutes away from Maple Park and Myles standish which is where I used to drive/explore all over for hours on end...fishing and Bon fires too.

I always wanted to go mountain biking at Otis but never made it. Always went to borderland state park, pine hills plymouth, and Vietnam in Milford.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I like those, but I'd smooth the front bumper (lose fogs/turns, plate and emblem holes) and shave the antenna. Nice blue though! Was that a D16Z6 engine?

And why do some import drivers offset the front license plate?!? Nobody has given me a solid answer!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like those, but I'd smooth the front bumper (lose fogs/turns, plate and emblem holes) and shave the antenna. Nice blue though! Was that a D16Z6 engine?

And why do some import drivers offset the front license plate?!? Nobody has given me a solid answer!
The aux lights as they're called are a love it or hate it thing. The 96-98 didn't have them. When I first bought the car for $350 it had the z6 in it with a bad timing belt. I took the b18b1 (LS) out of the prior posted black sol, put it in this one then sold the black one after I replaced the timing belt.
Then a year later, the day after I took the pictures to post the blue up for sale the b18 decided it wanted to knock like a bastard on me. So knowing the car would only be worth $600 with a bad engine, the next day I ordered up a b20b(crv engine) pulled out the bad engine and had the new b20 installed and running 5 days later.
That all happened middle to late sept. posted it for sale asking $3800, and sold it the day before I moved for $3100...netting me a $1500 profit on the car as I didn't really have any money into it including purchase price.

As for the plate, many say its because it limits cooling which I think is a crock of shit. I bought the relocate mount because I needed one and the stock center mount is flimsy n looks like shit.

One day hopefully after I land a job in a hospital, ill replace it with another sol or just invest/step up to an NSX. Maybe a lotus Elise if I can score a good deal. But I'm leaning towards no on the lotus because the rear wheels are wider than the front making it much easier to clip cones racing auto-x.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Haha blue delsol is part of my childhood. My buddy has the sohc vtec one with so much nitrous on it that the car was insane. I believe he was the first one I knew to pump more nitrous in a motor then it made on its own. Seemed to work well on sohc motors. My 90hp gti took 150 shot for years and still ran after I was done with it haha!

We had an nsx a few years back and they are pretty sweet. Easy cheap exotic looking car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha blue delsol is part of my childhood. My buddy has the sohc vtec one with so much nitrous on it that the car was insane. I believe he was the first one I knew to pump more nitrous in a motor then it made on its own. Seemed to work well on sohc motors. My 90hp gti took 150 shot for years and still ran after I was done with it haha!

We had an nsx a few years back and they are pretty sweet. Easy cheap exotic looking car.
Nice dude. I had a the sohc vtec(d16z6) for a bit. Put 3k into the block alone, then boosted it with all Mitsubishi eclipse parts. Now that was a fun setup! But switched up shortly after because I woulda had to do a bunch of trans work in order to put the power down. Plus it put me in a class that I could never be competitive in in a million years.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Yeah that's what he killed all the time. The main shaft bearing would make noise every few months so he'd replace the tranny.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts