TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping to get some responses on this one. First off, my truck

2001 Tacoma, 3.4L V6, K&N Air Filter, TRD Headers & Catback, Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer (Most recent add on...), DR Long Travel Front Coil Overs with Total Chaos Upper Arms, and an add-a-leaf in the rear.

The problem I'm having is after adding the Air Raid TB Spacer this weekend the check engine light is on. I've dealt with faulty O2 sensor readings in the past due to a huge F up by Toyota concerning my headers and exhaust. I've finally got the re-engineered TRD pipes in place properly, so I know everything was running smooth before the new add on.

The only thing I can think to do is to add an aftermarket power control Module to 1, get more power and effieceny, and 2, to get the damn light to turn off :eek: I have no interest in removing the TB spacer because my gas mileage is better and the performance increase is awesome!

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I know you dont wanna, but just take it off and burn it. It has been proven many times that it does nothing for power or fuel mileage. Its all just a lie. If anything its just a noise maker.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the math, 30 more miles to my tank of gas before the engine light went off. As far as power, there's no mistaking the increase in acceleration and how much smoother it is.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
im just telling you the facts. It works as good as a tornado does. The increase in mileage is prolly your driving habits or the weather. The power that you think you feel is also probably the sound. I know when i put on my fipk, it atleast sounded faster

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
I have no experience with the throttle body spacer or the K&N filter. However, after perusing through this forum for well over 8 years (yeah, I've wasted that much time!), I've read countless posts on how the thin film of oil on K&N filters (and even Amsoil air filters) have screwed up the MAF. Better to just remove the restrictive elbow in the passenger fender or do the deckplate mod. Don't know if a screwed up MAF could cause the engine light to come on, but just thought I'd mention it as a possibility. I've also read several posts on the throttle body not producing the advertised hp claims, but like I said, I have no experience with it.

For a good site that has lots of DYNO-PROVEN info on adding horsepower to the 3.4L V6, check out Gadget's site at www.gadgetonline.com. He was the one that discovered the surprising dyno results on the K&N FIPK and the elbow removal in the pass fender. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts