TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys... I've been looking at FOA's shocks and coilovers and I think that's the way I want to go, but I'm not sure if they will work with the FJ. FOA is basically custom order, meaning you pick the length of shock, spring rate, size of spring, yada yada yada. Does anyone know what size of coilover I will need for the front to keep my ride height at what it is now. I have a 3" lift on it now and need to keep that height for the 285's I'm running. I've heard about a "bypass" and are those necessary for the FJ? They have a 2.0 and a 2.5 coilover... is it possible to do the 2.5 on the stock arms? Also, do I need a piggy back reservoir or a stand alone? I don't know where I would mount the resi, but I don't know if the piggy back will work. I'm new to all the LT stuff and coilovers, but definitely like the "go fast" over the crawling. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I doubt FOA makes a bolt-on coil over, and it really isn't worth it to have a custom made shock when there are so many excellent coil-overs built specificly for the FJ.

Reserviors are unnecessary for a stock vehicle, especially with 2.5s.

Yes ,you can run 2.5s with stock arms.

Many prerunners and desert trucks don't even run bypasses, it's way over kill for a stock truck.

Nothing against FOA, but I would seriously recommend that you look at Icon, Sway-a-way, Fox, King.

·
4,068 Posts
It always amazes me that peoples first post is not in the newbie section where it belongs. Then it is always a question that could have been answered via ten minutes of searching.

·
Registered
98 Posts
lol aint that the truth

·
Registered
437 Posts
These will not work on your FJ unless you spend a lot of money to build custom shock towers so that you can mount these types of shocks on your FJ. Just go buy some of the already produced bolt on coilovers and those will be everything you want in a shock.

·
Registered
76 Posts
So what is the forums for? to ask questions right? Stop bitching about weather or not he did a search or not. Geez. If you don't like it then don't read it!

·
Registered
51 Posts
All pro walker evans coilovers are the best I have tried. No regrets with them.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
yeah, read the thread above. i love mine on my 06 taco. PM me if you have any questions

1 - 9 of 9 Posts