TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fog and frost on window glass interior

Anyone other folks have problems with fog and frost
on driver and passenger window glass (interior) ?
I point the vents with many different heater /a/c settings
but still have the problem . Any ideas ?

·
Registered
965 Posts
cheesetaco said:
Anyone other folks have problems with fog and frost
on driver and passenger window glass (interior) ?
I point the vents with many different heater /a/c settings
but still have the problem . Any ideas ?

are your carpets wet?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Make sure you set your vent to bring in the air from the outside and not recirc. This fixed my problem, it has to due with the air moisture. If you search the main board someone went into more depth.

·
Registered
553 Posts
RnCTaco said:
Make sure you set your vent to bring in the air from the outside and not recirc. This fixed my problem, it has to due with the air moisture. If you search the main board someone went into more depth.
Also... put it on defroster... it'll help take some of the moisture out of the air (either complete defroster, or just partial)... since the cabs of our trucks have such a small amount of space in them (relativley speaking) it doesn't take much moisture at all to get things steamy... carpets, window seals... yatta yatta.. :2cents:

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
either turn on the defroster or just simply turn on your air conditioner to dry out the air

·
Registered
878 Posts
Quit breathing on them so heavy! LOL

How is the condition of your window and door seals? if all the above are not work you might have an issue with a bad seal trapping/letting moisture in!

You get condensation when warm moist air meets a cold surface...so if it continues to persists you probably have excess moisture somewhere in your truck!

If you run your truck on the defroster setting, set to fresh air, along with the A/C, with out you in the truck to add heat and moisture, it will allow the window to regulate so the inside window conditions are closer to the outside of the window. Around a minute or so you should be able to get in and then gradually turn up the heat for your comfort and turn the settings to the floor boards or main vents.

Your carpet might feel dry but the padding underneath may be wet!

·
Registered
448 Posts
The ac condensor comes on automatically when the defrost setting is selected (or so I was told) so there's no need to turn the ac on with the defroster.

·
Registered
878 Posts
yeah the A/C does come on with the defroster now a days but it seams that it works at a lower rate than with the actual A/C button pushed(maybe the compressor works at a lower rate) My '86 said in the owners manual to use the A/C with the defroster setting if equipped with A/C. So it is still more habit than necessity for me to turn it on...doesn't really hurt to hit the A/C button because the LED reminds me to turn it off and away from defrost when I don't need it any more!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Probably a dimes worth?!
when I run A/C or the defroster setting it has had very little effect on my fuel economy ...the difference between running 85 and 87 octane is what noticeably effects my average MPG! Or a dirty air filter!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts