TTORA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have decided to go with piaa 520's but not sure if i want fog lamps or driving lights? they are going on a westin safari bar. like what are different reasons people chose fog lamps or driving lights over the other?

·
Registered
69 Posts
depends on the person weather they want light up close or further away for distance... i use both one set of hella 500's for fog and a set of hella 4000 for distance all depends on the weather here and like i daid the person.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
toubabokoomi said:
i have decided to go with piaa 520's but not sure if i want fog lamps or driving lights? they are going on a westin safari bar. like what are different reasons people chose fog lamps or driving lights over the other?
If you want lights that you can use on the streets & in the fog, rain, night go with fogs-

Driving lights are basically like your High beams- They are for offroad or desolate road use

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I have the Hella 500 fog and driving sets. I use the fogs wide beam pattern for cornering and the driving for distance. Plus I got each pair for $59.99. If I were to only get one pair, I would get the fogs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have Hella 500 Fog on a Westin Safari bar. They do a good job in the fog and for throwing light across the road. Driving lights should be mounted higher than on a Safari bar. When I had both fog and driving lights on a 1986 Four Runner, I used the fog lights much more than the driving lights

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im going to go with the piaa 520's fogs on a westin safari bar what do you guys think about putting a set of square piaa driving lights inbetween the two fogs? and would i have to fabricate a bracket for them? and also what lights would you suggest?

·
Registered
53 Posts
You will need to fabricate tabs. The Safari bar only has two tabs for lights. There also might not be enough room on the bar. I have Hella 500s and I believe they are about the size of the PIAA 520s. There is only about a license plate width of room between them. Also driving lights are usually more effective if they are mounted higher than on a Safari bar.

·
Registered
83 Posts
For the price of those PIAA's, why not just get a pair of Lightforces? With the Lightforces you can adjust the beam (like a maglight flashlight) for what ever the situation calls for. They are driving, fog and everything in between lights.

·
Registered
984 Posts
bigggbrutis said:
I wonder why I was told that the Ultimate Bull Bar wouldn't fit on my 2000 ext cab...?
Was it a while ago that you were told this? Westin hasn't had the ***2.5"*** Ultimate Bull Bar out that long. The original (3") Ultimate (not available for late-model Tacos) was probably the only one on the market when you were told this...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hellas

Gvus said:
depends on the person weather they want light up close or further away for distance... i use both one set of hella 500's for fog and a set of hella 4000 for distance all depends on the weather here and like i daid the person.
Hi Gvus,
Do you have any pics of your set-up? I am trying to figure out what lights to get as well. I keep on going back and fourth between (2) Center 4000 pencils with (2) 4000 compact driving on the outside. OR Just (3) 4000's (1 center Pencil with (2) Euros on the outside). I've even photoshoped the different variations in, so lame!
Help a Brother out and post some pics please.
Thanks
eric

·
Chicks Dig Body Damage
542 Posts
Here is my setup with PIAA 580 Driving Lights I love them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.