TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how do i get the fake switches out to install a real one. I bought another stock fog light switch from toyota to use for after market driving lights. On the back of the fog switch there are four contacts. I'm guessing possitve and negative to make the switch light up, and the in and out hot line for the switched light. Which one is which, does any one know? Also, what wire do i need to tap into to get the switch to light up when then head lights are on, like the other stock ones do?

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I paid way to much for that switch, i think it was 55 dollars for the switch, then the tried to sell me four wires to connect to the back for nine dollars each. Not a wireing harness, but just four wires with a connector on the back.

I see how to get out the dummy switches, i'm having trouble removing the stock fog light switch. I've gotten my hand back there and tried pushing, i just can't get it to budge. Maybe i'm not pushing hard enough?

·
Registered
407 Posts
i'm having trouble removing the stock fog light switch. I've gotten my hand back there and tried pushing, i just can't get it to budge. Maybe i'm not pushing hard enough?
I considered using my stock fog light switch as it's no longer operative, but I didn't want to mess with ordering the small connectors for it. If I'm not mistaken, you can get the stock switch and the necessary connectors for around $35 plus shipping from Jacque.

If I was feeling around in the right place, I think the fog light harness is attached firmly to the main harness at the dash stanchion....too tightly to budge the switch.

The switches I used are [email protected] plus shipping from 4x4mods and standard spade terminals are used. I bought up Chris's (Hytenor) spares.:D

·
Registered
215 Posts
Remove stashbox/fuse panel cover and push them out with your finger...

Just changed out the previous crappy switch install.
thats exactly how i did mine!!!! just one over cause of the alarm thingy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts