TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Padgett Fabrication released our first 05+ rear bumper over 3 years ago, and we had some issue with the corner fitment... We took the design back to the drawing board and fixed every issue, designed and built jigs for all of the parts, and eliminated human error. This is what we have came up with so far. Parts are still coming in from our local Laser-cut and Bending supplier. We use Fabrication Concepts in Lynchburg, VA for this bumper and some of our other items. Thats the same place that does work for ATO.

The pictures shown are of the center-section parts as supplied by FabCon from our .dxf files, and the newly re-designed corner sections which were the parts we took to FabCon to be produced. They are reducing the actual seams to be welded, but the facet number and panel design should remain intact. The corner pictures shown are not Laser-cut, but the Production parts FabCon is building are. Unlike the first corners we came out with, these are 100% CNC cut and Formed, and are Jig Built

The Modular design allows for simpler shipping, replacement of only the damaged parts if damage ever occurs, and allows the addition of other corners designs and protection, of which we have 2 versions in the R&D stages.

Just let us know what you think about the new bumper.

New Pictures will be posted soon

·
Banned
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks to all for the kind words. I haven't settled on Price Yet, but it will probably be in the $575-700 range depending on options. Powder-coat is available for those who don't plan on totally thrashing the bumper. The only real choices are whether you want the welded shackle mounts or the receiver type shackle mounts welded in... whether or not you want all of the cut-outs shown... and whether or not you have a Factory Hitch installed or you need a Hitch integrated into the bumper.

A couple of notes... This bumper will have two options for the top surface. The bumpers will be able to be ordered either way, smooth top or tread plate. The Main bumper body has 6 bends. I am going to be adding tread-plate to the top of the bumper and the main body will have the top two bends in tread plate, and the bottom half with 5 bends will be flat plate as shown. I cant wait to get pictures of this.

Thanks for the Positive response so far I hope to get this bumper moving sooner than later. If you want to put a deposit on one, or flat out place an order, Email me pr shoot me a PM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts