TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't mine, but I'm helping a friend out who in turn is helping her neighbor out trying to sell this. I think a bit of backstory is warranted.

This vehicle was purchased as a "dream vehicle" for my friend's neighbor's Husband. Honestly, he paid way too much for it ($47k) but it was the vehicle he wanted and he thought it was worth it. Sadly, the Husband passed away early last summer in a river accident while fishing, and the vehicle has largely been sitting since. The wife now has this vehicle sitting in her driveway that is a reminder of her late husband and just wants it gone. After talking to some more reputable Land Cruiser people, they realize its not worth anywhere near what they paid for it, so the price is reduced heavily to $19,500.

I don't know the full story of the vehicle, but the short version is that evidently some Hollywood executive type saw a Landcruiser in a Tomb Raider movie and liked the look of it, so he hired someone to make one for him. Its not a movie prop, but its supposed to emulate one and still be something you can drive around and 4 wheel.

The body is super clean with very little rust (a bit on the bottom door sills but the actual tub is clean), its got a bit of a lift, 33" tires and a stock engine. It currently has an ARB Bumper with a winch too. Soft Top looks nearly new too, as well as the seats and other aspects of the interior.

Here is the Craigslist add for it.... http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5287173473.html

I promised my friend that I would post up on a few sites for her, so if this looks interesting to you then definitely contact her via the contact info on Craigslist.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Bought it for $47k? Holy shit... :eek:

I wonder how much rust is hiding in the fender braces, quarters, rear sill and rockers... because they always rot out there. Always.

That kind of looks like one of our cages... makes me wonder. I'll ask boss buy about it Monday.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know right? That was my reaction when they told me how much they bought it for. The guy definitely got raked over the coals and I feel very sorry for his wife having to deal with it after his death.

Honestly...I looked pretty hard for it but the only real rust I could find on the body was a little on the bottom of the doors (water probably got in and pooled inside the door). Otherwise, it feels very solid.

There is obvious rust on the rear bumper, axles and exhaust but that is sort of to be expected for an older vehicle.

Let me know if the boss thinks they did it, because we might have a few questions. Not sure how much work was done locally though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts