TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to say goodbye to the sport, I have wheeled my truck once in the past year, and have lost touch with everyone here.
I have enjoyed this chapter in my life but time to close this book.
I am selling the doublecab, and everything 4 wheeling that comes with her.
Posted on craigslist just now, it was a very hard decision, considering all the good times camping, wheeling, fishing and hiking. this truck has been very dependable, but not very economic for me to drive any longer, time for some one else to have some fun with her.
Please share if you know of someone looking for a great wheeling truck.
Thank you.
K-ton
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/4503006564.html

FOR SALE
2001 Toyota Tacoma V-6 Doublecab 4X4
One owner vehicle with the ability to go just about anywhere. The suspension has been heavily modified to traverse extreme and potentially hazardous terrain. This vehicle is purpose built, but is currently being used as a daily driver. This truck sits and drives comfortably at about 12” over stock vehicle height. I recommend only those experienced in off road travel consider purchasing this vehicle. Driving this vehicle by inexperienced drivers could result in injury to yourself or others. Truck will be sold as is to avoid liability.

DETAILS;
190,000 miles on original motor and drive train, truck is solid and mechanically sound, new replacement parts throughout when/where needed. New brake pads in front, new calipers in front, new wheel bearings and seals in front. Newer tie rod and drag link ends. Front end is tight. Vehicle serviced regularly with all paperwork maintained.

ENGINE;
3.4L V-6 EFI
K & N Air Filter w/service kit
Gibson Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust System

AXLES;
Front: Dana 44 w/4:88 precision gear, carrier and gear set
Nitro Chromoly axleshafts w/greaseable full circle clip U-joints
Lock-Right Locker for solid performance and unbeatable traction
Warn Premium Manual Lock-Out Hubs
Rear: Stock Rear 8” Toyota Axle w/TRD Electronic Locking Differential
4:88 Precision Gear, Carrier and Gear Set

STEERING;
Parts Mikes Parts Crossover Steering Set up w/1.5” High Steer Arms w/10* correction
1 ton Drag Link & Tie Rod Ends
Extra Heavy Duty Pitman Arm (offset for clearance)
PSC Hydro-Assist Steering Set-up w/1.5”bore x 8” Stroke Hydro assist steering ram (Custom mount by Randy Ellis Design)
Ported and Rebuilt Toyota IFS steering Gear
SUSPENSION;
Front: Rancho 44044-4” Waggy Springs (perches located on top of axles with 1/2" grade 5 u-bolt flip)
Rear: Custom 5” lift leaf pack made by ALCAN SPRING CO. (set up with articulation and comfort in mind.) perches located on top of axles with 1/2” grade 5 u-bolt flip)
Rear springs mounted with 3” greaseable daystar lift shackles
Daystar Poly Bump Stops and Bushings
Pro Comp Extended Brake lines front and rear

SHOCKS;
Rancho RS 9000X Adjustable shocks at all 4 corners

DRIVESHAFT;
Front: Constant high velocity(CV) high angle/extended travel drive shaft with Toyota-dana 44 drive flange
Rear: (CV) heavy wall construction High Angle/extended travel 2 piece drive shaft
Both made by Jesse at High Angle Driveline in CA.

ELECTRONICS;
Dakota Digital Electronic Signal Converter (to compensate computer for larger tires)
Interior has 4 Boston Acoustics Speakers and AM/FM/CD Stereo mounted, but is wired from rear of cab to battery for amplifier/subwoofer or additional speakers.
Midland 40 Channel Handheld CB/Scanner hardwired into cab w/external speaker.
Viper Alarm with Siren, 4 door actuator, ignition cut off switch and key fob

EXTERIOR;
Custom Rock Sliders & Rear Bumper
Rear bumper has class 3 receiver built in
Included are 2 drop hitches w/standard ball
1-Heavy duty locking clevis/shackle mounted on class 3 hitch for towing and pulling
2-Heavy duty shackles mounted to frame in front for towing and pulling
1-Locking Hitch Pin w/key
Line – X professionally sprayed in bed liner (super tough)
Removable oversized mud flaps in the rear
Tinted Windows and Window Visors
TRD 3rd brake light cover

TIRES/WHEELS;
17 x 9 Black Rock Crawler Wheels X 5
37 X 12.5 X 17 BFG KM2 X 2
37 X 12.5 X 17 Goodyear MTR X 2
37 X 12.5 X 17 BFG KM2 X 1 (Spare Mounted in bed of truck)
37 X 12.5 X 17 MTRs X 2 (spares but not mounted)

EXTRAS; (included in total asking price)
VIAIR constant duty portable air compressor w/hose, attachments & bag
1-60“ HIGH LIFT JACK
1-Interior mounted fire extinguisher
4-staun tire deflators
4-under carriage tractor lights for crawling around in the dark
1-tow strap about 100 feet long
1-firestick CB antenna with bed mounts
Bed mounted AX/SHOVEL combination
Spare axle shafts for Dana 44 both sides (complete and ready to install)
Spare 2 piece CV rear drive shaft (complete and ready to install)
Extra Tie Rod Ends and Misc Parts
Tools for Axle and steering components
Diagrams, notes & records

Please take into consideration this truck is 13 years old and due to the nature and purpose of what this truck was built and used for, it shows some signs of normal wear and tear, to include; weathering of the paint, Arizona
pin stripping, scratches, dings, dents large and small, and some interior blemishes, but overall this truck is in very good condition.
No Accidents and have clear title in hand.

Thank you for looking, call or text
Serious inquiries only – No Joy Rides!!!
I do not NEED to sell this truck.
Viewing by appointment only,
Can send additional photos upon request
CASH, CASHIER’S CHECK OR PAYPAL
$13,500 OBO

·
Registered
476 Posts
Wow.. not expected.. but surely not surprised. Because of this sport I got to meet you and bunch of other cool peeps.. not to mention those damn ribs man.

Good luck with the sale.. you got a beast on your hands man. If you are ever in the Yuma area, give me shout. 602 571 1975.

AzHobbes

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sucks to see it go. I still remember trying to help at out with a flat at the qt on bell many years ago in my prerunner. I'll spread the word.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Certainly took me by surprise... Chef seemed to have so much fun in that truck I thought he would probably want to be buried in it one day. :driving: And I always liked seeing a swapped silver D-cab to compare to my IFS version. Had lots of fun wheeling with you over the years K-ton! You da man. Hope you have as much fun with whatever the next chapter of your life brings. When you decide you are ready to go wheeling again, hit me up. If that means helping you build a new crawler or just going for a ride in Zilla, I owe you for helping get me started and showing me some trails back in the early days. You were good for the sport and will be missed on the trails. :clap: Cheers brother!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Chef, you are the reason I got in touch with this site and the many experiences and the many great friends I've made along the way. I still remember the day where you came up to me at the gas station. Sorry to see it go, but life goes on. Keep in touch bud. Take care of yourself.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Always sad to see a valued member leave us....I hope that the bug bites you and you return to this fun hobby.

GLWS your rig is very impressive.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't want to sound gushy, but you guys started it. I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart, I have met a lot of people in the local 4 wheeling community, and through TTORA. I value each and everyone I have met for one reason or another. I have learned much from all of you, I do not like to quit ANYTHING. I have enjoyed wheeling every time I go out, no matter what happens on the trail, we always get resolve. I was getting into 4 wheeling before the BTG guys where wheeling, and they were too extreme for me. I wheeled with some of the guys from Reapers and they were too fearless.(and I had a daily driver) And eventually all the guys in the AZ TTORA sector built there trucks into trailer rigs and I was no longer able to keep up with them. Not to mention the last 7 years I have had to work all my Saturdays (and that's when most people wheel) I have managed to buy a house 4 years ago, I have a wonderful woman who loves me, we have a dog, I ride a Harley on Sundays and Mondays when were not mowing the lawn, or skimming the pool, or taking the dog for walks, life is good. I really don't want to sell my truck, I enjoy it very much. I continue to do maintenance and upgrades. I just rebuilt the rear axle with all new seals, bearings, brakes, wheel cylinders. I am planning on camping and running a few trails in Colorado the first week of August, so, Maybe I will just hang on to her for a bit longer. (The reason I wanted to sell the truck is to bank some cash, because we just started a new business) Will keep you all updated.
Thank you, ;)
K-ton

1 - 12 of 12 Posts