TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone, please, help me on this.

Throwing a P0125. WILL NOT go away.

I've changed the upstream O2 with a DENSO, the thermostat with a Toyota, the ECT sensor with a Toyota, did a flush, cleaned the MAF, SeaFoamed the PCV, SeaFoam in the crankcase, changed the oil.

With the exception of going through the wiring harness, and the computer, is there anything that I have overlooked?

Please, for the love of all things holy help me out on this one.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my PRC-119 using morse code.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a scan gauge. Any way to tell with anything else?

·
Administrator
18,233 Posts
Not that I'm aware. What I'm thinking is the next step is to confirm what the temp readings the ECM is getting and go from there. Obviously if you just replaced the ECT and the ECM says your temp is too low, then there is another problem. Possibly blocked coolant tubes, or an issue with coolant flow. But if the ECM is getting no readings at all, then you need to look for a wiring issue. The OBD-II readings just speeds up your diagnostic process and helps point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Would a crack in the radiator cause this code?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Showstop, once again, thank you.

I'm going to get a ohm meter/voltmeter tomorrow(actually, in a few hours).

What kind of readings should I expect from this? Any idea? Obviously the readings are going to be different the hotter or cooler the engine is, but straight from the ECT, what should I expect?

From there I'm going to I down the wires and hopefully be able to figure this out.

Hell, worst comes to worst, I'll try and take the 2WD computer and see if that might fix the problem once I get home this weekend.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for the late response man.

I think I figured out the problem.

I've got a different wiring harness in here, that I BELIEVE came out of a Cali truck. Mine is a federal truck.

The reason I'm saying this is because the plugs are different, but when I splice the connector to a O2 sensor, all the other coldes go away. The only one that's left is the P0125. So, I'm thinking the harness is wrong, and not pinned to the right spot on the ECU to make the code clear.

I've got a guy that I'm getting a harness from this week. I'll let ya know what I find out from there....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts