TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I installed mine I didn't take any measurements so I'm not sure how much lift I actually have. I'm curious how much thread you guys have showing on yours. the reason I ask is I might want to crank mine a little bit higher. I've got 1.5" of thread showing right now....

thanks in advance
-Spence

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Spenc121886 said:
when I installed mine I didn't take any measurements so I'm not sure how much lift I actually have. I'm curious how much thread you guys have showing on yours. the reason I ask is I might want to crank mine a little bit higher. I've got 1.5" of thread showing right now....

thanks in advance
-Spence
the amount of lift needed/wanted will varry from truck to truck so asking won't really do you much good. In general, you should only crank them up for needed tire clearance (to a point). I would just crank them up to just before your inner CV boot fins start to touch.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah your right I guess it will vary. I sit ass high though and I only have a downey shackle. so they must not be cranked all that high

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
did you buy them new or used? if new, i think they come set at 2" so you could go another .5"

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Spenc121886 said:
yeah your right I guess it will vary. I sit ass high though and I only have a downey shackle. so they must not be cranked all that high
just use your boot fins as a guage.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
YoTRacer158 said:
did you buy them new or used? if new, i think they come set at 2" so you could go another .5"
yes, 2" from the factory for the average v6 excab. but, if you have a reg or dcab it will be different. If you have a lot of weight added to the front end like a winch/bumper and/or heavy plate skids, sliders, etc. it will also effect the amount of lift that "2" factory setting" will actually give you. Having a camper shell will also effect the front lift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts