1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
340 Posts
This concisely illustrates the precariousness of our situtation. Although we love to vilify the tree huggers, you can bet they are as against this as we are.

We need to remember that our access is endangered by forces from both ends of the spectrum. The tree huggers want to stop motorized access on public lands and the other side wants to exploit, develop, and charge us to use public lands.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
elgecko said:
This concisely illustrates the precariousness of our situtation. Although we love to vilify the tree huggers, you can bet they are as against this as we are.

We need to remember that our access is endangered by forces from both ends of the spectrum. The tree huggers want to stop motorized access on public lands and the other side wants to exploit, develop, and charge us to use public lands.
We are our own worst enemy. Someone stole one of the logging company's tractors, dug a huge hole in the trail, and then dumped the tractor in it.

The result? The forest service closed the trail until it can be evaluated in the spring when the snow melts.

No more Eagle Lakes or Fordyce this winter. Another nice place to play in the snow destroyed by fucking idiots. I would really like to ram my foot up someone's ass right now. :mad::mad::mad:

Later,
....Mike

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
Mike said:
And we get reamed if we scratch an inch of bark off a tree with our trucks?

Or drive an inch off the trail?

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314782

Later,
....Mike

This really sucks. I for one really like Eagles Lake and was hoping some day to run Fordyce, but after looking at those pictures, who knows what will happen with those trails. I'd definatley be willing to go up there when the snow clears out and help restore the trail, so great trails like that can stay nice and usable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Zackattak
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing