TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I used to have a 2000 TRD Taco that was pretty nicely built up and traded for a 2007 FJ Cruiser in April 07, built it up nicely and started out on the trails. Well it started with on CV boot busting on the trail, no big deal, my fault probably is what I said to myself, then just driving in Colorado Springs I busted two more within a few months time frame. Along with fender bulging starting to show on the FJ I was getting a little upset. Now I did have this setup:

OME Heavies up front with OME matching struts for the springs and a 1" diff drop.
Rear Toytec custom springs with matchin OME shocks.
All Pro Off Road front and rear bumpers.
Warn M8000
Powerair tank 10lbs
295/75/17 Nitto TG's with Moto Metal 17x9 wheels.

The Old Anti-Bling

My CV's were not stressed out, this is my conclucsion, Toyota's chief mechanics, and a local off road shop's opinion too.

Well now I sold the FJ and purchased an 04 Taco TRD Dbl Cab. Within the first week I had my lift (3rd one purschased from these guys) from Toytec at my house.

OME heavies with Bilstein adjustable 0-2.5" set at 0"
AAL with Bilsteins
1" diff drop

Now all I have to get are bumpers, sliders, etc, etc...

See you guys on the trails, just let me know when.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Welcome! ToyTec is great huh? Did you work with Darrick or Doug? That's too bad you had so many problems with the FJ. But either way you have a great wheeling rig. We definitely look forward to seeing you on the trails. Make sure you check back often (especially when May rolls around!) A bunch of us are doing Moab Last weekend in May and first week of June....

·
Registered
240 Posts
You'll love the DCB! Its looking great already.

Has your alignment been done since you've swapped out all that stuff, cause the front view photo looks like there may be some positive camber?

Might be the camera angle though.

Ive got FROR t-case x-member and skidplate if you are looking to add more stuff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You'll love the DCB! Its looking great already.

Has your alignment been done since you've swapped out all that stuff, cause the front view photo looks like there may be some positive camber?

Might be the camera angle though.

Ive got FROR t-case x-member and skidplate if you are looking to add more stuff.
Yeah, got the alignement the next day. How much for the stuff?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lysmachia,

Worked with Darrick this time, but in the past worked with Doug.

The diff drop really is not a full drop just the front end kind of rotated down, but either way, never had any problems. Ran one on my old 00 Taco without any problems.

·
Registered
240 Posts
How much for the stuff?
$150 for skid and x-member - though, you should know that the skid has been changed a little but would still work for you.

There is more information and some photos on a FS post I have on 3/24/09

I'd put the link in here, but Im not geeky enough to know how to do that yet;)

let me know if you can't find it.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Welcome.

I had a 2000 Tacoma and now an 04' Double Cab as well :)

Mine is a work in progress, starting to come together though. Yours looks good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome.

I had a 2000 Tacoma and now an 04' Double Cab as well :)

Mine is a work in progress, starting to come together though. Yours looks good.
Thanks, still have a little ways to go with mine too.

The person before me did the diff breather mod and deck plate mod.
There is some more work that was done to the inlet tube that I am not sure what it is about, might be a part of the deck plate mod, never did one berfore.
But the inlet tube looks like it is missing some stuff along the tube, there are some non-stock pieces that are covering some holes along the tube, not sure why.

Will get pics when I get back, currently in AZ at skydive AZ until the first part of May.

·
Registered
240 Posts
it is missing some stuff along the tube, there are some non-stock pieces that are covering some holes along the tube, not sure why.

Will get pics when I get back, currently in AZ at skydive AZ until the first part of May.
Those missing parts are probably some baffles or noise reduction thingies that toyota put on there, I pulled mine off too, so If you want them back on, you can have mine. But, i didn't notice any difference on or off, so I kept them off and decreased the clutter. A REAL tech might be able to tell you their true function, but it just looked like an appendix to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts