TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Hopefully this isn't too OT for "General Discussions" :p.

Anyhoo, I've been noticing some weird crap specifically in the CoTTORA section. The national board works fine... They seem to be the same board, other than the theme... so I'm not sure what's up.

But when I click "Forum Tools" in any of the specific forums, no drop-down appears.. Nothing happens. This works fine on the national board.

In addition to this, perhaps more maddening is I will go through and read threads, click around and eventually it will show all threads have been read (which doesn't always work right away... hence why I say "click around", I usually click on the specific forum and then the more general one and it properly marks the thread read - if I go straight to the general forum, it doesn't mark the thread read...) On top of all that, I can have all threads/sections read... then I come back an hour or two later... and all the threads are unread! I don't really want to click thru 'em all again.. and since the forum tools drop down doesn't work I can't mark the forum read! Bleh.

I've noticed some other oddities, like when I click "View First Unread" it doesn't properly take me to the first unread post... it seems random, sometimes it will do this properly and other times it will take me to posts I've already read. I can't seem to figure out any rhyme or reason.

I've tried clearing cookies/cache, even tried a different browser without logging in - same problem with the Forum Tools drop-down, so I can only assume the other issues persist there as well.

I know this is a 4-wheeling forum, and perhaps I'm just griping about stupid things... but I genuinely want to know if this issue is me? Has anyone else had it, and knows how to fix it? It's really annoying to go thru and click on threads that I don't want to really read, just to mark them read. Then come back and they're all 'unread' again! Bah! Perhaps I'm just too sensitive :eek:.

Thanks for any help/advice/bitching/stabbing you all can provide :D.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I have problems off and on. I can't ever seem to get the forum search to work the way it should. I type something into CoTTORA forum, and nothing comes up. I have even tried searching for specific thread titles. Also, when I want to find one of my old threads, or some one else's, I go through my, or their profile to the "See all threads started by this person" and only threads I have posted on National forum come up. I can't pinpoint it to a specific computer, and have gone through all my settings.

·
20,355 Posts
This has been covered before. It is due to some glitches that could be fixed but in doing so we would lose our custom format/colors and look exactly like the national board. It is above my head but mr doug asked if people wanted it fixed a few months ago and noone comented so the site was left alone.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I'm not really complaining, I get around the problems. Searching feature working would be nice, but I usually just go through all the pages and find the one I want. Or I do a google search and it usually finds it.

I like our colors :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hrm.

I like our colors to, it's distinctly different from the National forums... So is there any workarounds ike? The issues I'm mentioning are pretty crippling IMHO. This happens on both computers I use, work & home. I guess I haven't tried IE, only Chrome & FF...

Thanks for the responses guys.

·
20,355 Posts
Not that I know of, but I am a computer tard. Mr doug or showstop are the two who can give educated answers on the issue.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not that I know of, but I am a computer tard. Mr doug or showstop are the two who can give educated answers on the issue.
LOL, I see. I'm usually good with computers, I do work with the cursed things daily... :rolleyes:

·
7,735 Posts
Yeah, there's some problems with the css setup for our chapter forum, however we don't have access to that. It's handled by Shannon and ShowStop, but it isn't in their list of priorities to fix. In short, we're going to have to deal with it.

I did find that switching to chrome fixed the "go to new post" and read thread issues.

I've given up on the search feature here and instead use google with "site:www.tacomaterritory.com "Colorado Chapter" blah blah blah".

And yeah, it's been covered before. Search newb... oh wait.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, there's some problems with the css setup for our chapter forum, however we don't have access to that. It's handled by Shannon and ShowStop, but it isn't in their list of priorities to fix. In short, we're going to have to deal with it.

I did find that switching to chrome fixed the "go to new post" and read thread issues.

I've given up on the search feature here and instead use google with "site:www.tacomaterritory.com "Colorado Chapter" blah blah blah".

And yeah, it's been covered before. Search newb... oh wait.
Damnit Jim. Yea, I know about that trick for searching, works quite well. I did try searching a little, but without really knowing what to search for (the issues seemed all over the place) I figured a new thread would be in order :p.

Carry on. :eek:

PS - perhaps I could lend a hand fixing some of the issues... I'll PM ShowStop and see what he says.

·
Administrator
18,233 Posts
I've noticed some other oddities, like when I click "View First Unread" it doesn't properly take me to the first unread post... it seems random, sometimes it will do this properly and other times it will take me to posts I've already read. I can't seem to figure out any rhyme or reason.
This is a site wide issue I've noticed. Happens on the main forum as well. I'm guessing its a database issue, but I'm not 100% sure.

ShowStop knows exactly what to fix.. just won't do it for some reason
Its not that I wont do it, its more of a time issue and working with Shannon to implement the changes. We reverted to the main theme on our chapter forum, but the biggest loss is the newest posts search. That gets dropped, so the search no longer works just for the chapter forums only. I want to get that changed, but it all has to go through Shannon. The same thing would happen here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts