TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
www.madmav.com
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have issues with the colors, layout, or the way things are displayed? If you have problems please let me know what they are along with the browser/resolution you are using. I dont have time to test it using all browsers or resolutions.

Suggestions are welcome and maybe considered. ;-)

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Maverick said:
Does anyone have issues with the colors, layout, or the way things are displayed? If you have problems please let me know what they are along with the browser/resolution you are using. I dont have time to test it using all browsers or resolutions.

I think everything looks good as far as my display settings go. I happen to like the colors as well!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
No problem at all. I like the "earth" tones...reminds me of wheeling mud on my truck. Which is a good thing to take to work on Monday morning! WOOT!

·
[duma]
1,123 Posts
the layout/size/look is great. but in my opinion the general colors needs more contrast for easier reading. for example, the Thank You msg after submitting a "Memeber's Rig" pic is very hard to see, dark brown background with dark red/marron text. What about following the contrasting color scheme of the forum to the other sections of the site? Other then that, great job on the site!

·
www.madmav.com
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TomTRD said:
the Thank You msg after submitting a "Memeber's Rig" pic is very hard to see, dark brown background with dark red/marron text.
Hummm, that doesnt sound like the correct colors it should have. Should have been white on dark red background. Ill look into it tonight.

Im working on contrast issues, but have to patch some errors up first.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Maverick said:

My only suggestion would be to spread out the options at the top of the page. They all just seem to run together.

HOME FORUM MEMBER SERVICES MEMBER RIGS eSTORE SPONSORS TECH FAQ ABOUT

Other than that, everything looks good.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'm not sure if it's my resolution, but there are bands of unused space just filled in with brown that are about 2.25" on each side of the screen. It would be nice if it fit my screen and I wouldn't have to scroll as much. I hate wasting my screen. :)

Other than that I think it is really nice.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Jamier2 said:
I'm not sure if it's my resolution, but there are bands of unused space just filled in with brown that are about 2.25" on each side of the screen. It would be nice if it fit my screen and I wouldn't have to scroll as much. I hate wasting my screen. :)

Other than that I think it is really nice.
I believe they did that for the people who are using 800x600 resolution. If they made it bigger then those people would have to scroll back and forth which I agree, is a pain. I don't really mind the blank space.

·
Registered
49 Posts
4TACXOMA4 said:
I believe they did that for the people who are using 800x600 resolution. If they made it bigger then those people would have to scroll back and forth which I agree, is a pain. I don't really mind the blank space.

I have the same unused space on both sides as well. Couldn't the middle be scalable?

·
www.madmav.com
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I'm loving the new site, especially the colors and format. It fits for an offroad forum for sure. The lighter one is the color of my truck and the other is the color it gets offroad so i like it :D

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised my first suggestion was taken into consideration. :D I do have one other suggestion, and that's the white text on the light tan background. It's not very easy to read as you really have to focus in on the words. For example, on this "Reply to Thread" screen I'm typing on, the words "Title:" and "Message:" appear in white on that light tan background, as does the message under "Post Icons". Other than that, I do like the color scheme. Like others said, it fits a 4x4 forum.

·
www.madmav.com
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nees1212 said:
For example, on this "Reply to Thread" screen I'm typing on, the words "Title:" and "Message:" appear in white on that light tan background, as does the message under "Post Icons".
Can you send me a screen shot of this? Im not seeing this, so it may be an error somewhere.

Im assuming your using IE?

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
I think the colors are so-so in their own right, but they do make it obvious I'm taking a break from work!

My only real complaint is that it takes more clicking (and waiting) to navigate around, but I'm guessing that can't be changed, and its not as bad as some boards i've seen.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Maverick said:
Can you send me a screen shot of this? Im not seeing this, so it may be an error somewhere.

Im assuming your using IE?

I'm sending you an email with the screenshot. The file was too big to attach here, and I couldn't downsize it any. Yes, I am using IE here at home and at work.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
TomTRD said:
the layout/size/look is great. but in my opinion the general colors needs more contrast for easier reading. for example, the Thank You msg after submitting a "Memeber's Rig" pic is very hard to see, dark brown background with dark red/marron text. What about following the contrasting color scheme of the forum to the other sections of the site? Other then that, great job on the site!

STFU NOOB!!!! :)

Hehehe, just messing with ya! :xdevil:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
16 Participants
paulp575
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing