·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Apr 16, 2007 3:44 PM
Subject: FOTR June Work Weekend
To: email names removed

Just so we all know the plan (smile) – and yes, we have had to move it and re-move it a few times, but we ARE SET for June 30th, Loon Lake side, Robbs Resort Sat. night event with BFG.

This will be the big four-wheeler type magazines, VIP's, etc. coming to be part of the Outstanding Trails Program for us and the Rubicon Trail. BFG plans to feed us and give us a free raffle, as well as a nice sum of grant money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation for our trail (and the work we have put into it).

I'm building a signup sheet for the web site, but MARK YOUR CALENDAR and spread the word, please. We want a huge turnout this time around.

We will be doing some trail work; some kiosk work; and giving tours and such for the dignitaries and visitors. United Four Wheel Drive Association and Tread Lightly are also part of this program and will be there with us as well. John Steward from United and Cal4 helped to get the Rubicon on the list of Outstanding Trails. He was also at our last leadership training course as one of our coaches. Thanks John!!!

Very cool.

Del

Del Albright

BlueRibbon Coalition Ambassador and Life Member

CA4WDC State Environmental Affairs Coordinator

Home Page: www.delalbright.com

Sponsored by: BlueRibbon Coalition; Rubicon Express; Arabia's Overkill Jeep Fab; & Roundeyes.Com

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
What kind of places are there to stay over Friday night so one doesn't have to drive 6 hours Saturday morning?

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
What kind of places are there to stay over Friday night so one doesn't have to drive 6 hours Saturday morning?
I like to go up on Friday night and camp with the rest of the guys at the Loon Lake trailhead. People will definitely still be up at midnight!

You can put your tent anywhere you want, just make sure to keep your rig within 25' of the center of the trail.

Later,
....Mike

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
I think I'm going to attend this. Hopefully I can find a camper shell by then or I'm sleeping in the cab :D

·
Registered
491 Posts
What kind of places are there to stay over Friday night so one doesn't have to drive 6 hours Saturday morning?[/QUOTE]
Placerville just back down 50 has places to stay also Pollock Pines.
I'll be sleeping in, on,or under my truck.
Put me on the list.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
If I make it...thats what Ill be doing. But id imagine ill be getting there in the evening. Are you going on the rubicon run in july?
I would love to go on the Rubicon run but it's during the week and I don't think it would be possible to get out of work. Not going to push the issue as a lowly summer intern. :eek:

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
I like to go up on Friday night and camp with the rest of the guys at the Loon Lake trailhead. People will definitely still be up at midnight!

You can put your tent anywhere you want, just make sure to keep your rig within 25' of the center of the trail.

Later,
....Mike
Cool. I'd be heading up after work and definitely wouldn't be setting up a tent after the 7-8 hour drive from Carson. :eek:

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
Placerville just back down 50 has places to stay also Pollock Pines.
I'll be sleeping in, on,or under my truck.
Put me on the list.
Sounds like there is a number of places so that will be good.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have it on my calendar, and I'll spread the word. A big turn out on any of these would be nice, but to have it covered and big is priceless.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
Ill be making a trip to gardnerville sometime this summer to visit my buddy. He knows some spots to wheel out there. We will have to get together.
Sounds fine with me. I only know a couple of people that will be in the area working at Toyota so the more familiar faces I find the better.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts