TTORA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike and I went up and did a little trail maintence here and there. TDO was having a work weekend so we decided to join them, and check on the bridge to see how well it was holding up after this winter. Next weekend is going to be a busy one on the Rubicon so we wanted to make sure some things were looking good and take care of a few minor details. :D

The bridge is looking really good. It has settled in a few areas, but is definitally still a very functional masterpiece too bad I wasn't there to help originally :)

We helped the TDO guys bring some rock and logs to help extent their project from last year. It had gotten a little more erroded since.

And of course the usual mud puddle draining along the way! We successfully were able to drain and divert 3 mud puddles this weekend

This section that leads off into private property looked more like the trail than the actual trail so we pulled a few boulders and Mike made some signs to direct the traffic in the right direction. Just hope it doesn't end up in someone's fire pit!!!
before:

after:

And as always got to do some wheeling and camping

All pics are here: http://www.norcalttora.com/gallery/album330

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Sooooo jealous!

I heard you guys ran into Jon, Anthony, and Will up there!

~Miguel
We ran into them at the Wentworth/Loon Lake fork. We were headed back to Loon and they were headed towards Spider. We were aired up, mud flaps on, and heading down the pavement towards civilization when we heard them on the radio talking about brake problems. Hope everyone got off the trail okay!

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
We ran into them at the Wentworth/Loon Lake fork. We were headed back to Loon and they were headed towards Spider. We were aired up, mud flaps on, and heading down the pavement towards civilization when we heard them on the radio talking about brake problems. Hope everyone got off the trail okay!

Later,
....Mike
Yea they made it back fine. According to Jon, Anthony ripped one of his front brake lines off but he had a spare.

~Miguel

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yea they made it back fine. According to Jon, Anthony ripped one of his front brake lines off but he had a spare.

~Miguel
that must've been fun when he tried to hit the brakes, and only 1 of the front brakes works

looks like you guys had a good time

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
that must've been fun when he tried to hit the brakes, and only 1 of the front brakes works

looks like you guys had a good time

It wouldnt be wheelin without a little carnage asada!! :)

I was facing downhill when I realized that I had no brakes :eek:

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Good work on the trail maintenance Mike and Nicole! I wish we had gotten there a little earlier to help lend a hand.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Cool good job you 2. Glad to hear the bridge is in good shape. Although I did hear that it is very scary to drive over in the snow.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Awesome work, I got to sit in a FS orientation all day Saturday- bet you're jealous ;)

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Nice work! The bridge rocks :)

Anthony, I pulled out a front brake line at Moonrocks coming off the big hill. That was not fun! Talk about idling down in 1st gear reallllly slowly :D

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
I'm stoked! The bridge is still there lol That was a ton of work.

It looks like the center beam came out though? Am I just seeing things there?
Are you talking about the logs underneath to hold the rest together? If so, we only installed two. :D

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Are you talking about the logs underneath to hold the rest together? If so, we only installed two. :D

Later,
....Mike
You're right lol I had to go back and check. I really need to stop smoking rocks on weekdays :eek:

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Nice work! The bridge rocks :)

Anthony, I pulled out a front brake line at Moonrocks coming off the big hill. That was not fun! Talk about idling down in 1st gear reallllly slowly :D
Yeap...its pretty scary huh! :)

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
You're right lol I had to go back and check. I really need to stop smoking rocks on weekdays :eek:

Looks like a bunch of lolly gaggers and yackity yacks to me- see, every god damn one of them in line with their finger out to stick it up their ass while they stand around, bullshit and get in the way ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts