TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've found a 4runner I'm really interested in at what I think is a great price but wanted to get your opinions on what you think it's worth!?!?

Specs:
1987 SAS 4runner
22RE 5spd
Dual cases
4.88's with lock rite lockers front and rear
Front axle has longfield axles and birfs
Front tube bumper (looks like a marlin)
Rear custom bumper
Sliders
Custom interior cage spanning from front and back
3" suspension lift (unknown)
35x15.50x15 TSL SX's 90% tread
Mickey Thompson Alloy wheels
High steer
Hydro assist
Clocked T-case skid
Optima yellow top

The body is in good shape with a little bit of rock rash here and there but overall pretty strait. Clock says 313xxx owner says it has been rebuilt at some point previous to him owning it. Starts up runs and drives every time no problems. For the most part everything works except A/C. What do you think it's worth?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried to post the pics but it's not going to work with the links he sent me.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it's more of a pain than it's worth to mess with saving the pics and then uploading them all. If I can figure out a time and a way to go get it I will. It's in Montgomery, MO about 6 hrs from my house so we'll see.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
No it's more of a pain than it's worth to mess with saving the pics and then uploading them all. If I can figure out a time and a way to go get it I will. It's in Montgomery, MO about 6 hrs from my house so we'll see.
Suit yourself. If you're looking for some help, then help us help you ;)

dunno what you're wanting to spend but for a first time dedicated rig I think this is pretty good..

http://www.arkansascrawlers.com/main/forum/showthread.php?t=15268

probably couldn't roll it over if you tried :D
:lmao:

That guy has to be a redneck used car salesman. Some of his selling points are absolutely a riot!

Nice job, Waldo :cool:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Suit yourself. If you're looking for some help, then help us help you ;)

:lmao:

That guy has to be a redneck used car salesman. Some of his selling points are absolutely a riot!

Nice job, Waldo :cool:
hahahaha

yea, this picture had me sold (and I don't care if she's 12)

:D

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
I don't think you'll be happy with that, Anthony. You've got a lot of work to bring it up to your standards.

- Rust, particularly front axle
- Lift blocks on front axle :rolleyes:
- Super-wide SXs are not going to ride well on the street (you want dual-purpose, right?)
- Cage might be decent if the thickness is decent, but looks like it's thin thin thin. Maybe used a Harbor Freight pipe kinker and is thicker, but looks pretty thin.
- Looks like cases are not "clocked" or rotated. That's fine, as it makes replacement skid easier to find used.
- Pictures from side of vehicle?? Could be some damage. Dunno
- Looks like it has on-board air.

More pics may help, but I don't think it's what you want. Too much detailing you'll have to do. But, if that's what you're looking for, then you found it!!! :D

Thanks for the pics. That's what I needed. Parts list is a different story...

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I know someone that might have a truck built similar to mine that might be for sale. PM me if you are interested. I'm pretty sure it's built better than that 4Runner.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't think you'll be happy with that, Anthony. You've got a lot of work to bring it up to your standards.

- Rust, particularly front axle
- Lift blocks on front axle :rolleyes:
- Super-wide SXs are not going to ride well on the street (you want dual-purpose, right?)
- Cage might be decent if the thickness is decent, but looks like it's thin thin thin. Maybe used a Harbor Freight pipe kinker and is thicker, but looks pretty thin.
- Looks like cases are not "clocked" or rotated. That's fine, as it makes replacement skid easier to find used.
- Pictures from side of vehicle?? Could be some damage. Dunno
- Looks like it has on-board air.

More pics may help, but I don't think it's what you want. Too much detailing you'll have to do. But, if that's what you're looking for, then you found it!!! :D

Thanks for the pics. That's what I needed. Parts list is a different story...
Yeah it needs some stuff done to make it what I want but it's basically just going to be a trail rig that I might drive in bad weather from time to time. But I figured for $3000 it was a fairly good start.

I know someone that might have a truck built similar to mine that might be for sale. PM me if you are interested. I'm pretty sure it's built better than that 4Runner.
PM in route

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
That's a great price and could be a good cheap rig if you can live with the imperfections. If your plan is to try and clean it up like your previous vehicles, I think you'd be better off starting with something different. I would expect some serious rust issues and that roll cage is suspect.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I mean yall know me I want something that looks halfway good. But honestly this rig will probably be in rough shape in comparison to everything else I've owned. The idea is to have a dedicated trail rig finally. It's going to get dings and dents so it doesn't have to be perfect. I just figured this 4runner would be a good start for the price. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I'm just worried about that rust more than anything... It doesn't look to be just on the surface in some places.

Honestly, if it were me (and I don't think we're not too difference about our rigs), I would try to find something local. Especially with a trail rig like that. Buying an out of state trail rig you have no idea of it's true condition until it's bought and sitting in your drive way. At least locally, you can look over it thoroughly. I'm all for you getting a rig and back out riding, but make sure it's not a rust bucket and/or ghetto fabbed truck that will break down so much you spend more time fixing it than wheeling it.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
I believe Anthony knows all about the woes of buying an out-of-state (and across the country) truck :eek:

I wouldn't do it, Anthony. Better deals to be found locally with fewer question marks. To me, it'd be a better idea to buy south of Fayetteville than looking north. Central Arkansas may have a few deals. I'll start looking.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts