TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'll post pics when i get a chance, i am probally gonna be moving about 12 miles west of sedalia. i have found a house that i think i can afford and it is surrounded by gigantic monolithic boulders!

10 acres of land a 3 car garage (needs a floor) 2 bedrooms (small, dont care) and a huge balcony that looks over the front medow. plenty of stuff to put a tire on :D
and a really nice rock to park a truck on too! very rustic a lil run down but nothing i couldnt take care off, gonna need some exterminating though, lots of wasps and ants.

when i move in i will have a party! a how is no problem at all you guys just need to bring the tools! :D

CANT BELIEVE I FOUND A PLACE LIKE THIS

and under 1000 a month and about 45 min from denver!

bad part, lots of snow and no cell reception but i think i can work around it

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

it gets better this is one addition to the 3 bays in the garage, note the wall....

lets head back to the road for a full view. yes that one house sized rock is on the property

mmmm more granite!

and this is right outside the side door

i need to get better pics

all this for only 950 a month!

water comes from 70 feet under the house from a natural spring
the house was built by the renter and his philosopher freind. it took a while to build the place b/c his freind had to ask if every peice of wood "wanted" to be there

pike national forest is roughly 40-50 yards from that side door. i didnt get a chance to check views but i heard there amazing ontop of the ridge gotta get up there again and soon!

what do you guys think? the renter is cool as hell and is willing to help with renovations like a floor for the garage and i can probally work some more deals.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
dogs are ok-woof

lol

Nice find man!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the previous tenant and his brother have unloaded countless rounds into the front yard, so really a HOW is not a problem when tools get setup!

sean when i get this place well be on the front porch shootin 100 yards down range!

best part is its only 45 min from my work! not to bad especially when i dont have to go through the bad part of I25

good times will be had for all who come... it has an amaerican flag on the front porch, i might keep it either that or raise a pirate 4x4 flag! haha

soo many plans! also thinking about a r/c rock racing course on the boulders... and i probally wont give up smoking... just do alot less of it!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I wonder what the trees said to him when he asked if they wanted to move.. figure most trees would say no? Haha

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Doooo it :xpimp:

We'll get Matt down there too and fling a few rounds downrange :xsmokin1:...without the neighbors coming by LOL :eek:.

Those rocks are looking good too...I'll bring the chalk bag :cool:.

For now you can probably get away with plywood, as far as a garage floor if you need to work on stuff...BTDT...hell we used cardboard when we installed (drilled, tapped, fitted & bolted) a skid plate on my buddy Eric's Tundra, in the parking lot at the Lazy Lizard in Moab...

Remember my bender and welder are portable, just make sure I got a couch or a piece of floor big enough for a Thermarest & it's awn :xsmokin1:...

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
That driveway could be fun in the winter. At our cabin in Basalt I talked the owner in to buying an auctioned used city plow truck for $1200 so I could plow when necessary. It was a beauty :)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yup i need a low truck as part of the lease, so i can plow the road for the neigbors and our own driveway... the house saw roughly 4 feet when we got that last big snow storm. about equal to what buffalo see's

seriously im planning a move in party for independance day weekend, i havnt got details finalized and theres some stuff to work out but im pretty sure this will be my new home! ill finally live in colorado!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Nice find.

Looks like you will have a little bit of work to do on it though

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
free booze and pizza and chicken wings to who ever comes and helps out around the place id like to do a clean up party with a keg

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
keg?????

nough said! Im in!! :D

Plus, I worked as a carpenter/framer/interior trim for my dad's buisness most of my life. Well, for 26 years anyway, been in the office for the last 5, but i still have a lot of tools and access to damn near every remodeling tool ever created :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts